madmikeismad's new build thread/HD Fab Truck

Agreed... The whole thing is already awesome.

Not if I can't get the spinny thing to spin. Then it will just be a slow smokey lightweight truck. Actually, fuel only with no boost, I imagine it would still move the truck into 13's just because it's so light LOL

Starting my gasket match/hogging, some off the corners still need work, the marker rubbed of and i have to retrace.

please give any advice you have to give now before I finish it up. I feel like I'm being pretty aggressive, mostly at that wall that juts into the path so the head bolt to go through. I'm opening it up so its almost the same size all the way through to where the valve is.

uploadfromtaptalk1359327132648.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1359327183332.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1359327158480.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1359327206557.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
What are using??

If you don't have a porting kit from Standard Abrasives, consider it. And for the exhaust side you want a mirror finish.

What are using??

If you don't have a porting kit from Standard Abrasives, consider it. And for the exhaust side you want a mirror finish.

A standard tungsten carbide bur.

it's not a mirror finish but it's pretty smooth, and way better than stock. Its amazing how much material can be removed, and I'm sure I'm not even going as aggressive as most normal head ports.

uploadfromtaptalk1359331096495.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1359331118189.jpg

The finish left by a carbide bit needs to be cleaned up. Use sand paper rolls ro ger it smoother then a flap wheel to get ir smoother then the other wiered looking ball thingys that come in the kit drom Standard Abrasives.

Then do ebwrything in rhe exhaust path you can reach the same way.

The finish left by a carbide bit needs to be cleaned up. Use sand paper rolls ro ger it smoother then a flap wheel to get ir smoother then the other wiered looking ball thingys that come in the kit drom Standard Abrasives.

Then do ebwrything in rhe exhaust path you can reach the same way.

I might have a sandpaper wheel for the dremel, I'll smooth as best I can but I'm not going to get it to where i can see myself in it LOL

Looks good. Porting is about the most boring thing you can do IMO. Wish I had the chunk of time back I spent on my head. Lol

Pay $50 for the kit cheapskate. And the regulator will bw in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks!

this is the best I could get it. I'm pretty happy with it, I think I'll hold off on the kit.

uploadfromtaptalk1359337912796.jpg

lookin good Mike!

Thanks will!

Looks good. Porting is about the most boring thing you can do IMO. Wish I had the chunk of time back I spent on my head. Lol

I actually enjoy doing it I feel like I'm accomplishing something, time is flying by.

How much time do you think you've spent on each port?

Actual time not slacking off, maybe 25 mins a piece. I spent a lot of time making sure i got each port as close as possible, and then the dremel sanding (which worked awesome) to make it more even and smooth it out.

I love porting...makes me wish I could do it for a living!!!!

My hands go numb to easy lol, but i love doing it.

Actual time not slacking off, maybe 25 mins a piece. I spent a lot of time making sure i got each port as close as possible, and then the dremel sanding (which worked awesome) to make it more even and smooth it out.

Dang, I bet I had close to 10hours in my head total. Exhaust side and in the bowls of intake/ exhaust. No idea how my port job compares to a professional job though.

Dang, I bet I had close to 10hours in my head total. Exhaust side and in the bowls of intake/ exhaust. No idea how my port job compares to a professional job though.

I only did the side. I didn't want to touch the bowls, and didn't really have proper bits.

Nice rig you got going.....

Man I doubled your 10 hours in just smoothing my current head with intake cut off. All though it was my second one to ever do.

Back