Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I dont understand what class is in 60 years old truck design ? Cramped, noisy, cold, hot, unaerodynamical, unergonomic, unpractical, uncomfortable reminders of dark ages. I understand them as hobby trucks but nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you are describing COE's to a T... Wait you were talking about long hoods?:bang

Him is special and likes those fugly things. He thinks all of our american stuff is junk. Trucks, engines, doesnt matter.

Wonderful........:bang

One of the three booms is set at 435HP the other two are at 450HP all three are in the mid to high 200k range for mileage and we don't put a lot of miles on them annually but a ton of PTO time at job sites. One of the two Sterlings we are looking at just had a motor replaced and the Western Star that I'm pushing for instead of another buying Sterling is set at 435HP.

The big problem I'm having is all the other trucks that have either CAT or Cummins motors are all ragged out piles of crap that are no better than what we have now.

What year is it, i hear there are some earlier non egr versions

Leiff said:
I dont understand what class is in 60 years old truck design ? Cramped, noisy, cold, hot, unaerodynamical, unergonomic, unpractical, uncomfortable reminders of dark ages. I understand them as hobby trucks but nothing else.

Sounds to me like you are describing COE's to a T... Wait you were talking about long hoods?:bang

This is exactly what my thoughts were!

On a side note there is a company from Canada that I see quite often hauling pre-fabbed on the NYS Thruway. They have a Scania cab over that looks pretty cool. Still would never want to own one, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a COE freightliner with a VT903 I'm going to try to buy. I believe it is the 350hp model, does anyone know what they had for a turbo?

Turned up another B model today, she's a lot more healthy now :D
4e123a75f0235893eca5b3bdbc3a5a9a.jpg

More than just fuel screws? That looks like a lot of smoke! I don't think my dads pulled with 100% over injectors smokes that much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fuel screws is all we did haha.
That's what happens when you don't fix the air problem on a sick truck. :D
Its got a brand new slightly upgraded Borg charger and a new air to air on it, I was really giving it to her to see what she'd do, took it back and readjusted a little and now it cleans up pretty quick but still runs a LOT better than it did

Last edited:
Back