Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Update: my buddy ended up buying this truck from Rush in Houston, TX. He noticed a few issues and Rush said take the truck and when you get home take it to a Kenworth dealer and we will pay to make the truck right. Main issues he noticed were leaking radiator, leaking rear end and some small odds and ends. He drove the truck roughly 1200 miles home and it used a gallon of coolant. Kenworth went through the truck and found 3 dropped liners and a bad head gasket along with leaking radiator and other odds and ends.

Now Rush is standing by their word and paying for a complete in frame.

I'm curious if there is anything in particular he should have done on the in frame while it's tore down? Obviously delete it, but is there anything else you would recommend?

The latest update in the saga of the T800: Last week my buddy picks up the truck from Kenworth after a full inframe, new head, and new radiator. He drives the truck 25 miles to get his inspection completed. Parks the truck and it leaves a large coolant puddle at the dmv. He takes it back to KW
And they replace a leaking radiator hose. He picks up the truck on Friday afternoon and leaves out Saturday night for a run from Black River Ky to East Chicago. Everything is going fine until he hits Gary, IN and starts to smell coolant at 2am Sunday morning. He pulls into a parking lot off the exit and notices coolant all over the bottom of the truck and coming out of the exhaust. At this point the truck won't even turn over. Sounds like it's hydro locked. He proceeds to watch a twerking contest between some black chicks in the parking lot when the bars close.

$1100 later and a 4 hour ride with a Sandy's tow truck driver and his truck is back at the KW dealer. Any thoughts as to what happened? He said he didn't notice any coolant in the oil. Head gasket? Egr cooler? Something else?

The latest update in the saga of the T800: Last week my buddy picks up the truck from Kenworth after a full inframe, new head, and new radiator. He drives the truck 25 miles to get his inspection completed. Parks the truck and it leaves a large coolant puddle at the dmv. He takes it back to KW
And they replace a leaking radiator hose. He picks up the truck on Friday afternoon and leaves out Saturday night for a run from Black River Ky to East Chicago. Everything is going fine until he hits Gary, IN and starts to smell coolant at 2am Sunday morning. He pulls into a parking lot off the exit and notices coolant all over the bottom of the truck and coming out of the exhaust. At this point the truck won't even turn over. Sounds like it's hydro locked. He proceeds to watch a twerking contest between some black chicks in the parking lot when the bars close.

$1100 later and a 4 hour ride with a Sandy's tow truck driver and his truck is back at the KW dealer. Any thoughts as to what happened? He said he didn't notice any coolant in the oil. Head gasket? Egr cooler? Something else?
Is it pushing coolant out of the radiator? Could be EGR cooler cracked and exhaust pressure is getting in the cooling system. Delete it and be done. What KW dealer is it at? FYI If there is coolant in the exhaust his DPF is done.

Is it pushing coolant out of the radiator? Could be EGR cooler cracked and exhaust pressure is getting in the cooling system. Delete it and be done. What KW dealer is it at? FYI If there is coolant in the exhaust his DPF is done.

I'll find out at lunch all of the details on the coolant. I know he is afraid of deleting it because of the warranty on the engine. The truck is at KW Cincinnati/Palmer Trucks.

It was pushing coolant out of the overflow and burning it through the exhaust. He actually just heard back from KW. They said that an injector blew apart. As I type this they are pulling the head to assess the damage.

Anyone have any insight on the MBE 4000 motors and the CAT 7.2L? I'm looking at three Boom Trucks that have the MBE 4000 in the and a Freightliner M2 with a 7.2L CAT.

Anyone have any insight on the MBE 4000 motors and the CAT 7.2L? I'm looking at three Boom Trucks that have the MBE 4000 in the and a Freightliner M2 with a 7.2L CAT.

on the mercedes....if they are set at 450, i hear at the higher ratings the engines are just pushed too much to the limit much like the ford versions of the 6.0 were

run away!!!! company i worked for at one time had 7 with under 500k on them in sterling day cabs set at 450.

every one had at least one headgasket, 4 of them had new heads and headgaskets twice. plastic fuel lines break, egr goes out, cracked exhaust

in comparison 3 freightliner columbias with same gearing in day cabs with 2004 series 60's set at 455, much better mpg (6-6.5) and these truck are set at 77 mph

both pulled pulled misc. flatbed freight

Wonderful........:bang

One of the three booms is set at 435HP the other two are at 450HP all three are in the mid to high 200k range for mileage and we don't put a lot of miles on them annually but a ton of PTO time at job sites. One of the two Sterlings we are looking at just had a motor replaced and the Western Star that I'm pushing for instead of another buying Sterling is set at 435HP.

The big problem I'm having is all the other trucks that have either CAT or Cummins motors are all ragged out piles of crap that are no better than what we have now.

Since y'all want more pictures, try this.
1970522_10203320343563523_3510904480154471721_n.jpg

Sweden-Norway border, and taking a break in Norway

Attachments

• DSC_0088.jpg
    DSC_0088.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Sweden-Norway border, and taking a break in Norway

No offense, but how does one drive those ugly things?!

If I'm going to drive something, no matter what it is I have to take pride in it. I couldn't take pride in something like that. Just not my style. I like something with a hood out in front of me!

That's basically all there is in Europe, hoods are pretty rare on that side of the pond because of their road structure, maneuverability is king and COE's have that advantage

That's basically all there is in Europe, hoods are pretty rare on that side of the pond because of their road structure, maneuverability is king and COE's have that advantage

Volvo stopped manufacturing hoods after brasilians dumped hoods, Scania was the last one to make them but sales was not big so they gave up also.

I dont understand what class is in 60 years old truck design ? Cramped, noisy, cold, hot, unaerodynamical, unergonomic, unpractical, uncomfortable reminders of dark ages. I understand them as hobby trucks but nothing else.

Back