overtorque the stock head bolts how much?

COMP461 said:
Ok this is only to persons serving on active duty in the military, I will make a special price for ARP studs , it is confidential, pm me , this is not a cheap attempt to sell studs , I sell a few anyway , its out of respect to you guys for your service, I will also extend it to NX , I am a master distributor for both company’s

:rockwoot: :clap: Bravo Greg that is awesome to do! :clap:

I am going to try and get with you soon about a cam, I have to pull my tranny tommorrow to see what the damages to it are first then I can get with you...

COMP461 said:
Ok this is only to persons serving on active duty in the military, I will make a special price for ARP studs , it is confidential, pm me , this is not a cheap attempt to sell studs , I sell a few anyway , its out of respect to you guys for your service, I will also extend it to NX , I am a master distributor for both company’s

Thats an honorable way to thank our military!

On a 95 12v I torqued to 90lbs then 45deg. I set the brand new Snap-on torque wrech to 100lbs and the wrech clicked before any of the stock head bolts moved, I continued to do the samething in increments 5lbs. I found that only six moved (barely) at 125lbs.$.02

bonesmx2000 said:
timbeaux i think i like you guys shop better than our can we come over and use it sometime lol

Call Garmon... he and Tommy tweaked mine up

dieseljunkie said:
On a 95 12v I torqued to 90lbs then 45deg. I set the brand new Snap-on torque wrech to 100lbs and the wrech clicked before any of the stock head bolts moved, I continued to do the samething in increments 5lbs. I found that only six moved (barely) at 125lbs.$.02

just FYI, this isn't an accurate measure of torque... breakover torque is going to be higher than steady pull to click torque

Forrest Nearing said:
just FYI, this isn't an accurate measure of torque... breakover torque is going to be higher than steady pull to click torque

This is why you should loosen studs when doing retorques. Static coefficient of friction is higher than the dynamic coefficient of friction.

I know that's the right way to do it but I cringe every time I hear the nut crack loose and it's popping.

Use plenty of lube on the threads and under the bolt head, go 50, 75, 100, 115, 120, 125ftlbs with a click type torque wrench. Then go back over the bolts again and again until the wrench just clicks and the bolt does not move. Should take you about an hour and a half to two hours and of course follow the standard sequence for tightening the bolts.

When I popped the head on mine I put it back together in the above described manner, no problems in 3 years and about 80k with HG issues. And a whole lot of those miles have been at 1800-2000RPM with the 32PSI boost gauge maxed out LOL

Lance said:
I agree 100% thanks!!!

I did my time in the Marine Corps, and was proud to do it. I still stand and have that feeling in my heart when I hear the Marine Corps hymn. I am so proud of these men and woman wearing the uniform and I think that we all should give them a nod, and just tell them thinks for their service

Back