Garage apartment

Exactly what my brother and I did 4 years or so ago, only instead of shop it's above our Dad's literature and farm toy collection, and out in the barn is all of our restored antique tractors.

80x80 Barn, with a 30x40 apartment on the second story, and the 30x40 room underneath for the little stuff. Nice apartment for a couple young guys like us to live, and party. I moved out about a year ago after buying my own place....with I was back there now, way cheaper!

Chris

My dad did a steel building shop garage finished one end with storage overhead. I'll see if I can figure out how to get some pics up

Im glad this thread was started. Dads getting ready 2 build a new shop and that would be a great place for me 2 live.

How have yall been having to do your insurance??? Im sure it varyes from place to place. Some people around here have had farm insurance to cover the bldg and had to get renters insurance to cover contents.

How have yall been having to do your insurance??? Im sure it varyes from place to place. Some people around here have had farm insurance to cover the bldg and had to get renters insurance to cover contents.

it can be condidered a farm building and that makes it super cheap. and dont rule out FBI buldings my last building was fbi. they put up a 50x100 in 3 days. and i love the house/shop idea one of my old welder teachers did it. when i go to build a place that what im goin to do.

played on sketckup for a little bit today made a rough draft of what i want.
main shop= 50x100x40 at highest point
living area=45x35x25 at highest point
doors 20x30 and 20x20
inside stuff= ???
Untitled.png
[/IMG]

I have West Bend for both my home owners and commercial part of my shop home and office and they are very reasonable. I am in MN so I am not sure if they are in your area but check them out.

Got a quote from Walts Buildings in Lafayette, TN.. A 40/60/16 finished .. just shy of 28k... I think i can do better.... Gonna talk to the Morton's sales rep tomorrow. (Well now today..lol)

Back