2 nd high?

cjreckart

how many people have broke second gear in there nv4500 from pulling ? i have 5.13 gears and ive been pulling 4th low but it doesnt seem to wanan turn more than 36 to 3800 rpms . so i am gona try 2nd high tomorrow nite . just curious as to how many have broken 2nd gear trying this .

Put me down for one. There's not much I've not broke in a NV4500 though. This is the only gear I pull in and have since '07. Pulled another gear before then. What's the rest of your truck setup/info?

I've been pulling 2nd Hi for years, never broke 2nd. I've broken 3rd 4 times now, 5th gear clutch 3 times. 2nd is a tough gear. Just don't hit all 4 stages at once, do 3-4 shots instead. LOL

2nd gear IS NOT TOUGH!!!! If you have around 600hp you will break that gear in do time....

Been running 2nd for almost two seasons now.. should be gettin about time for her to give up...lol

Lynn

I've broke 2nd gear before too, also broke the input gear in the transfer case twice from pulling in high range.

Its a 2.6 truck its a 94 dodge w 5.13 gears. And 33 inch truxus. Has a benched 160 pumP with 30 degrees of timing. 5x18 injectors

I think your problem lies elsewhere bud. You know what I told you. 2nd gear isn't the answer for you. Although, it is very tough! LOL

I think taller tires r gona kill it even more. And as for the wheel seed it woulnt turn over 3500 rpms so if I can get it to turn 4200 or so I think ill be a lot better off

I think taller tires r gona kill it even more. And as for the wheel seed it woulnt turn over 3500 rpms so if I can get it to turn 4200 or so I think ill be a lot better off

I think you need to have a conversation with Brandon Bowersock. PM user '97 CTD

Back