2 nd high?

With 5.13s I wouldn't think you'd want to go any lower than 4th low, lose too much wheel speed.

5.13s give you two gears to use. low 4th which is 13.90 for looser tracks n high 2nd for tight clay tracks which is a 15.?? At least thats what Van Haisley will tell you. Brad at Scheids told me for a 2.8 truck that they like the high second gear of the 15.??. My low 3rd with 3.55s give me a 16.07 so instead of switching gears right now, i just tried to make mre power and rpms. lol

5.13s give you two gears to use. low 4th which is 13.90 for looser tracks n high 2nd for tight clay tracks which is a 15.?? At least thats what Van Haisley will tell you. Brad at Scheids told me for a 2.8 truck that they like the high second gear of the 15.??. My low 3rd with 3.55s give me a 16.07 so instead of switching gears right now, i just tried to make mre power and rpms. lol

2 gears are nice, except if you could set it up so that 4th low is for your tight tracks that would be great. Not sure if it is possible though.

Thats not the issue.

running 4th low with 5.13's and 33's and you cant get more than 3600-3800rpms is a lack of power.

now the reason its lacking power to turn the rpms could be many things, first thing to look at is exhaust side restriction and drive pressure. poor airflow out of the motor is a killer of rpms.

running 4th low with 5.13's and 33's and you cant get more than 3600-3800rpms is a lack of power.

now the reason its lacking power to turn the rpms could be many things, first thing to look at is exhaust side restriction and drive pressure. poor airflow out of the motor is a killer of rpms.

The exhaust restriction makes sense, it runs much better with his big charger. I was just throwing a jab at Char, only joking about the power thing.

I think it's a combination of things. I told him how to check the drive pressure, good place to start.

oh ok you can also take some "hook" out of the truck with its given power, less traction will net more rpms. if its having issues snuffing at the end and leaving footage on the track then keeping it lit can help gain some of that lost footage, but if it can only maintain a certain rpm, but still spins out at the end, its not going to gain anything.

Definately a problem if 2nd hi with 5.13's won't get you going. I'm guessing same ground speed will net you around 3900-4100 rpm down the track. Still limited knowledge of the complete setup, but I think a lot of people run much bigger and mismatched chargers than needed. Especially on the exhaust side. With that gearing, it should light nearly any charger you choose to run depending on rpm, imo. Have you double checked your timing? What's the pump setup to flow? Charger specs? Just kinda thinking outloud.

Definately a problem if 2nd hi with 5.13's won't get you going. I'm guessing same ground speed will net you around 3900-4100 rpm down the track. Still limited knowledge of the complete setup, but I think a lot of people run much bigger and mismatched chargers than needed. Especially on the exhaust side. With that gearing, it should light nearly any charger you choose to run depending on rpm, imo. Have you double checked your timing? What's the pump setup to flow? Charger specs? Just kinda thinking outloud.

He has been running 4th Low. He is going to try 2nd high.

just by yr giving gears and RPMS (guessing on tires I put in 33) now and what u want ,, at 3800 4lo yr around 26.4mph so u want 4200 in 2nd hi yr mph is 26.5 only advantage I see is yr on a sticky trac and chocking to use 2nd hi still more variations to through in . I think 4 lo is best usen 1.1 ratio . I have switched gears a few times and from my experience U better hope to gain 500+ rpms to see an improvement

2 gears are nice, except if you could set it up so that 4th low is for your tight tracks that would be great. Not sure if it is possible though.

I think if you could get a 15 final in 4th low you could run that gear all the time. Im not sure what gears are available over the 5.13, but i doubt there is a big choice.

The timing is definetley at 30* the pump was benched by st joesph diesel it flowed 573cc. the charger is a s400 it has a 83x74 exhaust wheel with a 110 housing. the compressor wheel is a 92x63.

You need more compressor for starters...I would look into at least a 71 or better yet a 75...it will make a big difference.

Short of just side stepping it and not building it up any before launching, I just can't see how you wouldn't run more rpm than that. Where's the plate set in the pump? Full forward? Might back it off some. Could be putting the fire out. Don't happen to have a video of it do you?

Back