Weekend on the Edge Aug 19-20

Ron, could you e-mail either Lynn or me the pic of Lynn with her truck getting her first place trophy?????

Also, I would like to say that was the best NADM event I have ever been to. It was well organized and all the competitors were awesome! Even the staff at the track were very friendly and helpful. The turn out was incredible! Despite the drive out there we had a GREAT weekend!

I agree with everything but the well organized part. On edges website and if I remember right dieselmotorsports website it said the pulls started at 5pm when you got there they times said 7pm. :nail: other than that it was a great pull and nice to not have all the gassers.

No, we don't mind, and we appreciate it when its kept professional! Notes taken. :thankyou2:

Wilddiesel, our standard rule, is 2 hooks, one class up.

I'd like to thank Ron, Chuck, Greg, Kitty, Brandon and Cassie for doing a fine job in my absence. :cheer:

It seems to me your rule is to put more money into the pockets of the NADM via the pullers and forget about the people in attendance. Many people around me and families got bored and left early watching the same trucks pull between classes, and dragged out a 3hr. program 4hrs. or more not to mention it started 2 hours late. The announcer was horrible, miss-informing the public, and not entertaining whatsoever. Organization behind the scenes was a cluster F$#%, especially the weigh-ins etc. This is a far cry from United Pullers Events we are all accustomed to. There are a lot of my friends and families who look forward to the weekly truck pulls and often travel great distances to watch. It might have been fun for the pullers, however, the gate and the attendance is going to suffer if the NADM thinks the contrary. I for one and my friends will not attended another NADM sanctioned or sponsored truck pull again as I have been to two now and it's the greed and appearance of a low budget "carney" show that will eventually take this sport down. NADM do not take the gate and attendance for granted.

LMAO hey watch it now I did the best I could! Always just trying to get the crowd into it more and make sure they stick around for the entire pull;)

Realize the crowd for the most part wants to be entertained plus I'm trying to keep them visiting the vendors.

If your'e the guy announcing trying to keep the crowd around, read my post above. You totally bored the crowd, they didn't stick around for the entire pull, The kids got tired and parents got frustrated watching the same trucks pull in different classes and you need to bone up on your facts. From a crowd point of view, NADM sucked @ the pulls.

Yep Ron really knows his trucks. LOL Its funny I heard someone ask somebody how many times the NADM announcer would tell how expensive the trucks were or how much HP it had. You sure do mix it up don't ya? Everyone knows what you are going to say before they even get to the event. How about getting someone that has a clue at all about trucks. Cause you obviously don't. Cause 2.6 trucks don't cost upwards of $200,000. That one was my all time favorite. But its your story just like the rest of them. Tell it how you want. LOL

if I charged myself $80+ an hour like alot of shops charge mine would be :hehe::hehe:

One thing to remember also, is the parking for us and the room to set up the scales was very limited, there was just no room to have it very organized, next year it just needs to be moved to a bigger place, even if it was just united putting on the show, it would have been a mess because there was just no room. There really wasnt many trucks that pulled more then one class, maybe 2-3 in every class, and they only pulled one class up, so not sure why people keep saying they seen the same trucks pull like 4 times. As for the time confusion that was bullsh!t, edges website said 5, uniteds website said 6, and the pull was at 7. But I would much rather have a diesel only pull like thism then having the normal ones we do with all the gassers, I would much rather watch all the diesel trucks pull twice then watch all the gas classes pull. Like me and ken were talking earlier it has came along was back here in the last 5 years, and most of us are just glad to hook. Yes some things could have been changed, but instead of scolding and bashing nadm, how about suggesting things that they can change in the future to make the pulls better. All of our united pulls are very organized, and dont get many complaints, so I suggest in the future to let our united people help more in weighing in, teching, anouncing etc, like alot have said we use the same announcers for almost every pull and have two of them, so they know the trucks personally, and know about them.

Last edited:
Yep Ron really knows his trucks. LOL Its funny I heard someone ask somebody how many times the NADM announcer would tell how expensive the trucks were or how much HP it had. You sure do mix it up don't ya? Everyone knows what you are going to say before they even get to the event. How about getting someone that has a clue at all about trucks. Cause you obviously don't. Cause 2.6 trucks don't cost upwards of $200,000. That one was my all time favorite. But its your story just like the rest of them. Tell it how you want. LOL

Quit ruining this thread with whining, and fighting like a couple of high school girls! I wanna hear about results not you call him a name and complain cause you couldnt get in with the damn shirt you were wearing. do it in another thread or here is an idea give him a call and talk it out over the phone like a couple of men!!!

Congrats to all the winners! hopefully i can make it to next years event, work has got in the way the past two

To everyone complaining about the show....Yes there was a few things that could be improved, but if they were that big of issues then, why don't you all form an organization and run it better in every aspect that's been complained about! But instead most if not all will just complain, complain, complain! And to everyone complaining about the trucks who pulled in 2 classes, Do you have a pulling truck? Some of you do, and I don't mean a work stock truck, most 2.6 trucks around utah aren't even dedicated pullers. I'll tell you why i pulled in 2 classes myself. 1, i drive atleast 4 hours to most every pull since united is the closest pulling association for me, so i would like 2 chances to be in in the money to recoup a little driving cost, i realize i'm not going to recoup it all or make money. 2, I've had fueling issues all summer and have had to sit out atleast half the pulls waiting on parts, it was kinda a nice feeling to have two chances to see if we got our problems figured out, especially since there is only 2 more pulls this year within 4 hr drive of me. 3, These trucks aren't cheap, I know i've got around 70-80,000 in my 3.0 truck, horsepower isn't cheap, so why not run 2 classes to maybe make the sport more enjoyable?, I understand that there needs to be spectators, but without the pullers, there won't be a show for the spectators to watch

Last edited:
2hooks, one class up, it ain't changing until there is 50 trucks in the class, and that wont happen until the economy changes.

Next year, SS and Mod will combined, across the country. I dont have a problem running the big class in the middle of the show, and light stuff at the end. That will help the familys. In the midwest, the crowd will stay and watch 2.6 as much as the Mods.

Advertised time-definitely a shirt circuit between Edge marketing and NADM marketing, hope that gets addressed.

Announcer-yep he needs work.1400HP 3.0 trucks? In the midwest.
Move to a bigger venue? Give us one more year being crowded to establish the show, then we'll see.

United Pullers President said it was one of the best pulls/events they've ever had. Considering we hired them to run it, I think hes RIGHT!!!

Double hooks =NADM lining their pockets... yes, that little bit of revenue helps, when expenses to get 5 people out there is $1000 a piece+. However, after all that trouble and expense to set the show up, damn right we'll let a guy hook twice.

I knew legitimate constructive criticism wouldn't last long, the haters showed up, LOL Target on the back syndrome, getting lonely at the top!! Great show guys!!

We will continue to work with United Pullers, and grow Diesel sled pulling in the west!!

So when SS and Mod gets combined, will the SS trucks be lower to 7500 lbs? What are you planning on changing for the SS rules? or are you thinking they will be basically the same other than sled setting the same as Mod? I'm just asking because next season will be here before we know it

Actually sounds like all in all it was a pretty good event. Congrats to NADM. RMR is a very tough track. Really don't have any interest in or care about sled pulls, but if the SOS was the announcer then I fully understand there might have been some miss information about what was on the track.:eek:

Why does there even need to be ANOTHER rule change?

ANOTHER? What do you mean? NADM rules are probably left alone more than any other organization in the country. Very minor changes since 2008.
If you are asking why combine, there isn't enough numbers in either class, anywhere.

Leave each class alone, see what happens, adjust hitch and weight to close the gap.

Don't think you will see to many Mod Trucks willing to hack there truck up to move a hitch. It may sound like a good idea and Im all for making the show better, but I think trying to combine these classes would be a mistake. I can only speak for the WOTE event but 12 trucks in Super Street and 5 to 6 pro-mod trucks is plenty to make 2 classes. I never heard any of the guys from either class complain about the class size once. Dont forget how much money these guys in both classes already have invested in there trucks. Again only my opinion.

Constructive Criticism:

When you hire United Pullers to do the weigh-in and run the actual sled pull, don't charge them a "spectator" entrance fee. Even though it was just $10-15, that's enough sting to put anyone in a bad mood. I watched the weigh-in, and B.S.ed with the tech guys, those who got in for free like they should were in good spirits. Those who got the shaft and were forced to pay $15 to go to work, were pissed and let a lot of trucks get by a few lbs heavy or 1/2" or so too high on the hitch.

Basically, depending on who was running the scale at the time and their mood determined how much leeway you received... 0lbs, 10lbs, 30lbs, etc. 0" .25", 1/2", drive it thirty feet till you hit a spot high enough to produce a legal hitch height reading, etc.

Constructive Criticism:

When you hire United Pullers to do the weigh-in and run the actual sled pull, don't charge them a "spectator" entrance fee. Even though it was just $10-15, that's enough sting to put anyone in a bad mood. I watched the weigh-in, and B.S.ed with the tech guys, those who got in for free like they should were in good spirits. Those who got the shaft and were forced to pay $15 to go to work, were pissed and let a lot of trucks get by a few lbs heavy or 1/2" or so too high on the hitch.

Basically, depending on who was running the scale at the time and their mood determined how much leeway you received... 0lbs, 10lbs, 30lbs, etc. 0" .25", 1/2", drive it thirty feet till you hit a spot high enough to produce a legal hitch height reading, etc.

Good point but you need to check with your President of United Pullers, I went over with him on this and many of the UP people were trying to get in with their weekly passes which would not work for this event. The fee was $10 to get in and this was how we were going to pay your club their fee for renting the services (sled, track prep, scales, etc.). A list of workers should have been given to us if you were part of that group, many came early to work with Josh and Skyler and were identified as this is our workers, they got in for free of course. Next year we should get a list from them of who the workers are going to be - thanks for telling us.

Back