5.9 ecm on 2010+

We had the same issue with an '07 ecm/harness on an '08 6.7. Don't know why it would be different than say an '06 on a '08 but went to 03-04 injectors and it worked fine. Had to swap out the pedal too. It ran but it was rough and rpms would stay up after you let off.

did you run a 06 operating system in the 07 ecm? could be the same reason why 07 trucks dont like smartys either

did you run a 06 operating system in the 07 ecm? could be the same reason why 07 trucks dont like smartys either

I don't think so. This was the truck I was talking to you about Saturday morning at Scheid. We basically sent a file to an efi tuner they wrote a tune. We flashed it and that was the result we had. I understand from some folks the '06 ECM is preferable to the '07???

Anyway I could send you a log file and you would be able to tell?

yeah i run 1 o.s for all swaps caus ei had issues with certain o.s cold starting and basically fuel maps werent working right.

We had the same issue with an '07 ecm/harness on an '08 6.7. Don't know why it would be different than say an '06 on a '08 but went to 03-04 injectors and it worked fine. Had to swap out the pedal too. It ran but it was rough and rpms would stay up after you let off.
I stand corrected. From looking at the 2007 harness, I'd expect the ECM to be the same but I guess not?

I would think so too. Would anyone be willing to send me a proven test tune to try with 6.7 injectors? This would be for an '07 ECM and harness.

takedown95, please let us know once you have tried his tune.
Your doing this on a 5.9 ecm correct?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I'll send you one

Thanks Danny. I will text you a little later.

takedown95, please let us know once you have tried his tune.
Your doing this on a 5.9 ecm correct?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yes an '07 5.9 manual ECM on an '08 6.7 with '08 6.7 injectors. Last pull of the season is Saturday so I will probably swap them out after that. Stay tuned....no pun intended.

Last edited:
Danny is this the 11352602 os your using with success ?

I just looked at the 2 I tried to fix cold start on and they were old operating systems

Last edited:
I have found the 602 and 409 OS to be trouble free for me. One of hose goes in every truck I tune. I have not used either to fire 6.7 injectors with a 5.9 ecm yet.

Chase from Bean's sent me a test tune and I tried it. At first nothing different then with my old tune. It would start and idle rough but no RPM gains. I shut it off and double checked the pedal and other connections. Everything was good so I tried again. Low and behold it started and when I pushed the throttle it ran up to 1500 rpms. Success. I switched back to my old tune from last year built for 5.9 injectors. She started and when I pushed the throttle she ran right up to 5000 rpms. She sounds nasty and pissed off now.

If you get into that situation again, check the APPS counts.

Yeah unfortunately I didn't have the V2 with me at first just my ECM with my tune from last year. I still don't know what made it work but it did and now I'm pretty happy. We'll see how it does on the dirt.

Back