5.9 ecm on 2010+

Yeah unfortunately I didn't have the V2 with me at first just my ECM with my tune from last year. I still don't know what made it work but it did and now I'm pretty happy. We'll see how it does on the dirt.
I had one catch me with a 2007 APPS pedal.

If you get into that situation again, check the APPS counts.

On my 03 I converted it will only rev to around 1500rpm for the first minute or two after its started. After that it revs and fuels as it should. Maybe I need to dig into my apps counts? Im not exactly sure what its looking for.

What DTCs is it throwing? I would guess either a coolant temp limit/adjust table or something like that.

No apps dtc. It throws the cooling fan because its not there and coolant temp because the sensor got damaged probably around the same time I converted it. I never thought to relate the two. I changed sensor last night in preparation for this season. Ill know tomorrow if it worked.

What DTCs is it throwing? I would guess either a coolant temp limit/adjust table or something like that.

I would think it could be the same thing. That may have been the issue with mine between the test tune that would only rev to 1500 and pulling tune that went to 5000. I know my coolant temp was only about 110 degrees though when I tested them both. When I pull I let it get right above 140 to about 145 to allow full fueling and by the end it's no higher than 180 most of the time.

Crazy question, but can a 2012 ECM be swapped to an earlier ECM, or does the entire harness need to be replaced? I'm just trying to figure out if there's a not so difficult way to run efi live on my 2012.

Crazy question, but can a 2012 ECM be swapped to an earlier ECM, or does the entire harness need to be replaced? I'm just trying to figure out if there's a not so difficult way to run efi live on my 2012.

They are totally different harness and plug ins at the ECM.

Mark.

as Mark stated... VERY different trucks all together

H&S MCC is the most powerful tool available for a 2010-2012

on a 2012, I would program the truck as a 2010 or 2011 and get some good custom tunes

My motor is on a palet with the harness laid over it. If someone knew what they were doing (not me), it probably wouldn't be a big deal to swap at this point. I'm trying to research and get a plan before I start anything. I was dead set on a p pump conversion, but now I'm back on the fence. I bought a 47rh, converter, and transfer case last night. Hopefully the old truck turns out nice in the long run.

big deal when you consider how tied in the entire electronic system is. I would NEVER P-pump any 6.7, but certainly not a 4th gen. You can program the truck as a manual and run a 47RH if you want. Seriously, MCC is a very potent tuning tool for that truck.

It's not EFI Live, but it's awful capable!

My motor is on a palet with the harness laid over it. If someone knew what they were doing (not me), it probably wouldn't be a big deal to swap at this point. I'm trying to research and get a plan before I start anything. I was dead set on a p pump conversion, but now I'm back on the fence. I bought a 47rh, converter, and transfer case last night. Hopefully the old truck turns out nice in the long run.

I was talking with some people about doing this one my truck a while back. They thought the harness swap could be done but I'd need to run a 5.9 injector. The only problem being nobody has tried it yet so it was all a guess and they were looking for a test truck to try it on. MCC tuning with a pcs trans controller is what I'm settling on bc my daily driver doesn't have the time to be a test truck.

Go with a 2006 5.9 ECM and leave the 6.7 injectors in it. 2006+ tables will run the 6.7 injectors fine.

2003-2005 Smarty UDC tables with the 6.7 injectors will have a stumble around 1800 because there isn't enough timing. Maybe due to piston design?

Back