Transmission recall

I am by no means a trans guru. When I had problems with my stock trans, I took it to Jeff for a work out. He rebuilt it and it ran great, shifted perfect. Jeff rebuilt my trans and installed Phil's converter. It ran great. No problems. I drove it for a while until I got messing around and broke my input shaft. I took it back to Jeff and he installed a billet shaft and a billet flex plate. The TC was still in good shape and it was reused. It has been running great, but I have noticed that when I pull very heavy, the trans temp light comes on. Didn't really give it a thought until I was cruising the comp d and CF site and saw Jeff's recall. I called him and asked about it. He said there were some problems with the torque converters, but only if they had the billet flex plate, and if my trans was overheating, bring it to him and he will cover the cost of repairs. Now that folks is a man standing behind his company and reputation, right wrong or indifferent! I also am a business owner and I realize what it takes to make a good representation of your company. I applaud Jeff for standing up and covering issues that have been brought about by uncontrollable circumstances. Jeff is and has always been a pioneer and one step ahead of the trans guys in the diesel world. Just be glad that he not only found a problem, but is also the first to step up and figure it out and make the changes. I am sure, whatever or who ever is to blame will come out and everyone will realize that Garmon's Diesel Performance has stood behind their trans, NO MATTER WHAT and NO MATTER WHO. Jeff, sorry I haven't had a chance to drop it off yet. I am hoping for some free time to get it to you next week. Thanks again for being the best in the business. BTW, my brother's truck is doing awesome.

Back