Transmission recall

Zstroken...

Few things..

I am stepping back from this a bit, was just letting SLVR know that ALL that time he took to post wasn't wasted..

Secondly.. Jeff has approved and given the ok for a lot of my posts..

There is always more than you guys know...

I agree, I know very little about the issue at hand, and we all know there are at least 3 sides to every story.

One side, the other side, and what really happened.

I agree, I know very little about the issue at hand, and we all know there are at least 3 sides to every story.

One side, the other side, and what really happened.

One of my all time favorite sayings..

Two sides and then the Truth!!

Out of all the bs we say and do. Bashing, talking chit to each other. This is the only one that has truly saddened me to see. I feel for both sides involved and hope at some point to see it clear up. Enjoy doing business with both of you guys and your great people. Wish you all the best on the situation.

Out of all the bs we say and do. Bashing, talking chit to each other. This is the only one that has truly saddened me to see. I feel for both sides involved and hope at some point to see it clear up. Enjoy doing business with both of you guys and your great people. Wish you all the best on the situation.

agreed. this is a bummer.

If one of these converters were rebuilt, and offered for a good price, I'd buy it

Contact Jeff.. I believe he's sent several to Terry to be opened, corrected, and then made good.

You just might get a smokin deal!

He's got to recoop some the money somehow.

Jeff - hats off to you, I have the upmost respect for a person to come to the table and admit yes there is a problem and we are going to tend to it accordingly. For all parties involved I hope everything works out in the end.

What exactly is being recalled? I have never seen anything mentioned about what exactly is being recalled. And saying the transmission is too broud spectrum of an answer as even dealerships pinpoint the recall when they send out letters.

If the recent converter issue is present (metal in pan, Excessive heat, Rubbing of stator support, etc) thats been discussed on the forums latelys, He is asking you to call him so him can find out what he can do for you to repair it..

He and his former converter co. split ways and he's just eating the cost to take care of the customer...

Good thing is, he only deals in Brand New converters now ( no rebuilt cores ). Built by Terry at Precision.

If this wasn't clear enough...Just give him a call at 404-557-4972. Or PM your info / number to him here (Jeff2)...

Swole461, I don't want to hear from the Cheerleader, I think Jeff can type plenty well on his own.

And yes I am a nobody that knows nothing but as someone that could potentially SELL Garmon's products it would be nice to tell a customer what the phuck is going on.

Because it started out with a DTT converter issue, and then a flexplate issue, then the old converter supplier, and now its just a recall and no real information has been told of what the issue truly is, that I have seen. Or is it truly just a crap shoot and the failures aren't all from the same thing?

And why does it have to pertain to PM? I think the reason for the recall should be PUBLIC, but that is just me since I don't understand the issue because of other things I have seen to be true.

Last edited:
Swole461, I don't want to hear from the Cheerleader, I think Jeff can type plenty well on his own.

And yes I am a nobody that knows nothing but as someone that could potentially SELL Garmon's products it would be nice to tell a customer what the phuck is going on.

And why does it have to pertain to PM? I think the reason for the recall should be PUBLIC, but that is just me since I don't understand the issue because of other things I have seen to be true.

Ok! Lets try this a different way!

I answered nicely and professionally to give you the info you asked!
I'm a forum member and I can post where and how I like.

You catchin an attitude and taking pot shots is how all that other chit got started!

His freakin number was posted and its dang easy to find!

Call him up and ask him yourself if you dont like the fact that I answered you question the best I could!

( Biting my tongue on what you really need to hear)

Last edited:
I see you added to your post!

IT WAS PUBLIC! But due to post / threads ( THE TRUTH )
getting Deleted, the powers that be want it all done civil like..

So if you want the truth & the dirt , etc... Call him!
Or better yet, go there and hang out for a day.. See how many he's warrantied and still is with brand new converters..

Swole you crack me up!!! Dont let it get to you man.

I to have great respect for Jeff, for standing up and being a man and taking his medicine.

Because it started out with a DTT converter issue, and then a flexplate issue, then the old converter supplier, and now its just a recall and no real information has been told of what the issue truly is, that I have seen. Or is it truly just a crap shoot and the failures aren't all from the same thing?

If you want to hear it straight from jeff why not call the number tomorrow david posted up for you instead of some stupid a$$ remark like that or is using the phone to complicated for you?

it started out as a DTT converter issue but you must have missed the part where the converter in question "could be" a DPC converter. If you didn`t follow the thread over on CF you may be a bit lost then.

Jeff & DPC split ways and there has been a rash of .........wait a minute what the heck am i doing.... like Swole said you have the mans number call him & have him explain it to you if your that interested in "potentially" selling his trannies. Thats what i did & heck i even sold 2 Garmon transmissions from my workshop......HAHAHHA

BOWTIEDCTD I think that from this post you can get the idea that Jeff is a stand up guy and there is a problem and he is willing to deal with it and take it on the chin for that you have to applaud him. I feel confident that the problem has been dealt with and will not continue in the future. If you are that concerned and/or affected in this issue cal the man hes probably still working to fix this.

When did I question Jeff's ethics or business skills? The guy obviously is good at what he does otherwise he wouldn't be tied to the distributors he is.

I may give Jeff a call but I highly doubt he enjoys getting calls between 11P.M.-3 A.M. just to shoot the **** about transmission failures.

The stator support is fixed. The turbine hub moves back when lockup is off and forward when lockup is applied! Both items are not fixed! WOW!
This is not the installers issue!

Now I'll admit my kungfu is weak on the guts of the converter, and frankly can't imagine questioning a trans guy but the turbine hub moves on TCC apply??? Also suggesting the turbine moves too?

My understanding is the turbine hub is in fact fixed, there is a thrust washer between it and the cover. The only movement being the piston on the backside of the turbine. (YES maybe a very slight amount, only enough to take up the thrust clearance...)

ed101283.jpg

In this photo you must be measuring to the turbine hub.....now if some how it was standing taller and to wear down the stator support like you shown in another photo, the installer MUST have seen that it was in bind or almost no stand off?

Found what I believe is Jeff's recall

"The lockup clutch is too close to the pump and rub the stator support generating metal and limiting fluid flow in stop and go traffic."

I did edit the entire post but from what I have read it is the basis of the recall. If I am wrong Jeff please correct me.

Back