Whats your water/meth hp increase?

tried calling cooling mist? i got a buddy with a subabru that swears by cooling mist

i got 2hp on 70/30......thinking the guy behind the computer on the dyno didnt like me for some reason......

Good post.

This is the kinda info that should be on this thread.

Actual, verified numbers.

Water/meth is great for cooling, never seen anybody make any power with it, although most of the big pullers don't dyno.

Good post.

This is the kinda info that should be on this thread.

Actual, verified numbers.

Water/meth is great for cooling, never seen anybody make any power with it, although most of the big pullers don't dyno.

Did you not see the 5 or so posts on the first page saying where people gained power with water/meth. Just because you haven't seen it happen doesn't mean its not true.

Did you not see the 5 or so posts on the first page saying where people gained power with water/meth. Just because you haven't seen it happen doesn't mean its not true.

Yeah...

Awful nice round numbers to be dyno verified.

I'm asking for proven power increases. Not butt dyno bull chit.

Yeah...

Awful nice round numbers to be dyno verified.

I'm asking for proven power increases. Not butt dyno bull chit.

i noticed this to.

that 2hp was prob. gained from the heat reduction :lolly:

i wouldnt know really, id like to try it tho, worried about cylinder pressures. any bad experiences with this? does this significantly increase pressures?

I personally know 4 people who made over 50hp on just windshield washer fluid. 3 were stage 2 from snow performance and the other was stage 3 from snow performance.

I just looked at the graph, 302hp on fuel, 354hp on 50/50 water/meth. So 52hp increase, sorry for rounding it down to 50. This was on a mustang dyno.

My brothers old truck, hevily overfueled with a small hybrid turbo picked up 30-35hp with a 50/50 mix, can't remember the exact number, on a dynojet.

On both of our trucks the water/meth would slow down how fast the egt gauge would climb during a dragstrip run but both would still peg the gauge with or without the water turned on.

I just looked at the graph, 302hp on fuel, 354hp on 50/50 water/meth. So 52hp increase, sorry for rounding it down to 50. This was on a mustang dyno.

My brothers old truck, hevily overfueled with a small hybrid turbo picked up 30-35hp with a 50/50 mix, can't remember the exact number, on a dynojet.

On both of our trucks the water/meth would slow down how fast the egt gauge would climb during a dragstrip run but both would still peg the gauge with or without the water turned on.

Those are good results, better than typical.

yea im not doubting it....id like to try this for myself someday with my setup...
sounds like you had a good experience as well as others...

Hmm, how many guys do have dyno verified numbers?

026.jpg

The green and blue runs are fuel only, the red run is fuel with 75/25% water methanol.

A few hundred degrees. It would keep my EGTs to about 1400 or less depending where I was at. It would climb past 1500 if I didn't use it. I'm not really sure how high it would go because I would lift when it got that hot.

Cool man.

You're the only one that's posted a dyno sheet though, so it would seem a guy needs to be up there quite a bit on fuel alone before these kits start making power for him.

Otherwise, it's an EGT control tool.

I don't run it.

Until I see a truck with similar mods make power with it, I'm not spending the money.

That's not what I'm gettin at here though. I just wanna see proof that the stuff add's power, and what type of truck it adds power on.

Mostly that hasn't happened in this thread.

well if this helps you any on mine i have noticed it runs about 200 cooler but will reach 1400 if i have enough road. Also between the snow off and on there is 8psi of boost difference without water meth i run about 48 with just the smarty and with it on i get a little over 55. That is with to 625 nozzels.

Have you dyno'd?

Boost usually equals a little more power, but it don't always.

And I know I may seem overly skeptical, but a truck I saw had an owner that swore by W/M, until his dyno showed lower EGT's and no power gain with 50/50.

He had a 450ish truck, so I'm thinkin W/M is just a control tool until you're dumpin quite a bit of fuel.

So far, there's not really proof either way.

i just use washer fluid and i am noticing the difference i dont blame you for not wanting to spend your money on something that you are not sure if its gona work but sometimes you got to take the chance. I personally love the water meth i can drive this big azz truck up any hill and not have to pay any attention to egt's while still seeing and feeling that extra bit of boost. I have never ran half n half and dont care to but thats just me.

I know you guys run your line into the pressure side of the turbo but what would it hurt to run it before your turbo or in the middle of the twins?

i believe snow has a warning about that somewhere in the instructions but depending on the ratio i think i read the meth can actually pre ignite before it gets to the cylinder because when u get the truck loaded up your egt's go up so the temp of your air going to your intercooler goes up and can cause it to lite. It might be ok with just water but idk i have never tried it and i dont recomend it.

Back