3126 cat n an ambulance chassis

lots of everything in here mark gimme break...that's not constructive..looking for some real world advice on issues I might encounter...not they made 50 million of them in med duty trucks..that tells me theyre super popular so they must be good

I can tell you that my core buyers buy ECMs, injectors and HPOPs off the pieces of schit 3126s.
That should tell you something about what the engine consumes, through failures.

Mark.

I can tell you that my core buyers buy ECMs, injectors and HPOPs off the pieces of schit 3126s.
That should tell you something about what the engine consumes, through failures.

Mark.

The HPOP on them last longer than the VP44 and most failures are due to cheap azz people who don’t change oil.

opinions?..looking at one with all air ride and brakes and Allison 6 speed and 4 door with air ride seats and cab.

how this engine..wont be pulling more than 25k mostly..has a 430 rear with a dbl overdrive I believe...19.9..230k..overall a good pkg from a friend of mine using it to haul horses and seqpt on the ranch....thinking 15k? no pics yet....

If you can get a maintenance record with proof of oil changes being done, you're golden. That's probably the biggest factor for 3126/C7 heui's on whether or not it's going to be a good engine.

If you can get a maintenance record with proof of oil changes being done, you're golden. That's probably the biggest factor for 3126/C7 heui's on whether or not it's going to be a good engine.

Trust me when I say paperwork doesn’t mean chit. I bought an old T800 daycab once from Ryder. Had piles of service records and hadn’t seen a grease gun in years.

well it comes from a trusted friend so if it had maint he would tell me..hes a pretty do it yerself kinda guy..he told me he was changing it every 5000mi and it holds 5 gallons and he knew the filter numbers off the top of his head....im just gonna guess he took care of it..before him it was fleet maint...he did most of the conversion from and ambulance to a tow pig so...I trust him ..

im still really on the fence....I occasionally need 4x4 getting the cows loaded..only on my property tho..don't really want to have 3 trucks..so ill have to sell the 02...cant afford tags ins maint on 3....but the 02 struggles with the camper and we wanna go farther..the fl will drag it all over no worries...I guess im gonna getit..keep em both for awhile and see how it goes..one will eventually go tho

soooo...I told him id buy it..drives real nice...cpl rattles but its not bad at all...needs alotta grease tho...AND. the alum wheels look like ****

so whats the best way to get those alcoas shiny...easily..cuz im lazy

soooo...I told him id buy it..drives real nice...cpl rattles but its not bad at all...needs alotta grease tho...AND. the alum wheels look like ****

so whats the best way to get those alcoas shiny...easily..cuz im lazy

Pay someone to polish them! I've tried it, phuck polishing wheels

that sounds pricey kids....

Well you said you were lazy and the easiest way to be lazy is to pay someone else to do it! Lol, Last ones I had done were $100 a wheel. You couldn't pay me $100 to do one. They used a machine. Most any big truck tire shop knows a guy that will do it.

Jeremy nailed it. Scaaareeeeeew that. Find a side job, make some extra cash, and pay for it. $.02

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLSr-Eug9mg"]Best Customer Video Ever - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty wheels are like a beautiful woman.
If you want to keep her nice, you have to do what it takes to make her shine.

Now get out your rags, polish and water and make those ragged out hoes into ravishing queens. LOL

Mark.

New LVL1 Alcoa’s are $190 each for 22.5’s. Don’t pay $100 each if they’re using that VIS CNC polishing machine. Things don’t do worth a damn.

There is no magic bullet, even the durabrites don’t last. On trucks they do ok but trailers they get sand blasted.

I was guessing 400 bucks...so I was close...this whole thing is a new learning curve for me...lotsa new stuff..i know a little bout a lot of it..but greasing..oil changes...air brakes...I know just enough to get by...hopefully wont need to know too much too soon..right now itll be cosmetically getting it cleaned up and little rattles and the driver door has a lot of wind noise...idk if theyre coated wheels or not either...I forgot to look...

Back