August Texas Diesel Shootout - August 5th

agreed! I strongly doubt I will make the NADM event this year as I have no real desire to run 8th mile in the PS truck. I think they should start pulling 150' also.......

I have only ran one pass on an 1/8th mile track and it was no where near as fun. Would have done more passes but got kicked off for a leak.

Yeah the PS truck is just not a 8th mile setup. I mean look at your 10.49 pass with a what 6.20 8th vs my best pass of 10.42 with a 6.80 8th. 6 tenths is a huge gap in the 8th.

I got some new slicks on order going a bit shorter on the tire maybe it will help me get off the line better. I will gladly give up some of my trap speed for ET...

Was gonna say I might have a gear for you but wrong rear end. You go with a 33 this time? Should help some.

wanted to go 33 but talking to the tech guys at a couple tire company's I went with a 33.5/ 17/16 Hoosier. Seems the best options for me were that or go back to the 34.5. Still a good bit shorter going from 110" to 106" guess we will see. I have a 3.55 gear set for it also. I just been trying to get what I got working first before changing something else up.

Yeah the PS truck is just not a 8th mile setup. I mean look at your 10.49 pass with a what 6.20 8th vs my best pass of 10.42 with a 6.80 8th. 6 tenths is a huge gap in the 8th.

I got some new slicks on order going a bit shorter on the tire maybe it will help me get off the line better. I will gladly give up some of my trap speed for ET...

I don't think so.
Max probably ran a 6.6x on that 10.49. 6.5x at best...
You get the rear of that truck to work it will be fine in the 1/8th.
You shouldn't shy away from 1/8th mile tracks, they will make your truck better because you will have to make it work in the 60ft.
That truck has easy 9.8x in it with the short times better.
It's going to be waaaay faster than mine.

Back