Sxe 69 daily driver

ehines218

So I've seen lots of people wondering how these chargers do so I thought I'd give some first hand experience. I'm upgrading from a borg warner fmw 62, right now I still have my DAP 7x.010 I'm but will be going to 6x.013 shortly. I ended up going with the sxe 69 t4 flange with .91 divided non gated housing. I'm using a 45mm turbosmart wastegate on a t4 steed speed manifold. Initial thoughts are this thing doesn't feel like a big single at all. Even with small injectors and low stall converter it spools well enough and is only smokey if you try to make it.
862f6b9f61185d9ceadb795e819e17df.jpg

For now I'm running the heavy and medium springs in the gate itself and then running a boost reference line off of compressor housing to top of gate. I don't want it opening at all at this point. With the large housing and small injectors I'm not worried about overspend issues. Once the 6x.013 go in a drive pressure gauge will go in and I'll start tuning the wastegate to get a 1:1 boost to drive ratio

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Will do. At some point if it comes out I wouldn't mind trying a .80 non gated but no clue if that will ever come out

When I got this there wasn't for the larger turbine wheel. I will have to look into that again though. Also I'm sticking with t4 flange for the added flow in the mid and high rpm's

What rpm can you hit 15 psi on the 69 compared to the 62?
With the 62 I honestly can't remember at what point I'd hit 15 psi with the 69 in 3rd and 4th locked up by 17-1800 rpm I've hit 15 psi and by 2k I have full control of boost. And mind you this is with the little 7x.010 still

So this morning it was in the low 40's and my truck normally smoked pretty bad on the colder start ups. Since going to the 69 there is the slightest haze on startup and cleans up within a minute. Weird but it's the only change

For now I'm running the heavy and medium springs in the gate itself and then running a boost reference line off of compressor housing to top of gate. I don't want it opening at all at this point. With the large housing and small injectors I'm not worried about overspend issues. Once the 6x.013 go in a drive pressure gauge will go in and I'll start tuning the wastegate to get a 1:1 boost to drive ratio

ah ok, that makes more sense. was a bit confused on why you were wanting to keep the gate closed. lol

Yeah. In the next couple weeks I'm going tk get the drive pressure gauge installed then most likely run the boost reference line to the top like it is now but then run like a 5 lb. Spring for up top in case I want to spray

I have a quad adrenaline 1000 right now but have a quad 4k I bought that I'll also be playing with. Plans are quad 4k for strip and pulls and regular for the streets

Back