Dragon Fire Vp44

Thats pretty slow for 850 Hp ???

I cant keep traction off the line. All i can get out of it is a 1.9 60'. Need something better than BFG ATs. And I am not throwing as much juice at it on the track as i did at the dyno still a little scared of breaking something. I figure its probably making around 750 with the set up on it now.

And to find out this afternoon the damn pucks on my waste gater are not sealing the arm was bent and not allowing me to make enough boost off the line. Hope to have it fixed and at the NADM up by dallas this weekend.

I cant keep traction off the line. All i can get out of it is a 1.9 60'. Need something better than BFG ATs. And I am not throwing as much juice at it on the track as i did at the dyno still a little scared of breaking something. I figure its probably making around 750 with the set up on it now.

Air them down, I cut mid 1.7's on courser C/T's.

Air them down, I cut mid 1.7's on courser C/T's.

Well the best i pulled was a 1.77 as well. but it never on a good pass. Everytime i have ran below 12.50's i usually run 1.9 or so and but when i try to leave the line harder all 4 tires break loose for about 40 to 50 feet. Alot has to do with the track i am sure.

GOOD! Its too bad that the "big names" arent putting the effort in like the "little guys". I love the dummies out there that feel if shieds or II hasnt done it , it cant be done. I think if guys like mike had 1/2 their budgets we'd have a good pump already. too bad they cant work together to get it done.$.02

I have a feeling when it does get done they won't be for sale to the masses. Our diesel market is full of copiers and it just isn't worth the time and money to do the R&D only to be out sold by a cheaper half donkey'd copy, that never works near as well in the real world. In the mean time all the pumps inbetween is always worth a good chuckle. :hehe:

how does the dragon fire pump do on the street, and has anyone heard of the new pump that industral has that is a 13mm vp pump.

the dragon pump does real well on the street. ifact i couldnt tell a different between the Df and the So pump on the street.

13mm vp pump? this should be interesting

the dragon pump does real well on the street. ifact i couldnt tell a different between the Df and the So pump on the street.

13mm vp pump? this should be interesting

We have a bigger VP44 pump now that incorporates a VERY large head and rotor. The injector sizing is larger than what you would need for the Dragon Fire pump. The line sizing would still be .093" with EDM'd transfer tubes. Matt Gilmore of Gilmore Performance has been running one. He has been working with us in Vehicle testing and has much knowledge about this product. There are others running them or have run them for us. Another guy that has been testing for us is Bowser Performance. The fuel delivery is large enough that it motivated us to produce a cam gear that is remarked and the cam timing has been dialed in with a wider offset key. It represents a plug and play timing adjustment that will give you 10deg. more timing so that the extra fuel that you will get, can be combusted and power can be made.
Some things that you all may not know is the VP44 pump has 3 pumping plungers that pump fuel at every injection event. This new pump with the large head is very big on fuel delivery. Hydraulic loading MUST be addressed with the proper injectors, lines and transfer tubes. The trucks that we have in our shop that we have been testing this injection pump on is very impressive with a single turbo but Twin Turbos will need to be installed for enough air to mello out all this fuel. The timing gear has been tested for both early and late 24v trucks and works perfectly with NO codes. There will be two different part numbers and will be sold as an exchange gear to keep the price low. Thanks, Brady

vp44

brady, are you addressing the upper rpm >4-4500 capabilitys of this pump with electronics?

Back