Truckers, lets see your rigs!

That's about where I run mine at too. Watch the egts, try to stay above 300°.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don’t think that’s remotely possible with mine.
On edit: I know it’s not possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
You have to watch low idle oil issues on the turbocharger as well. Some turbochargers dont spin fast enough at excessive low idle and they cannot shed the oil fast enough. Can cause oil to push past the piston ring a bit and then blue smoke at initial takeoff is normal. Bad air compressors huffing into the crankcase preventing proper drainage at idle can caus e it as well.

What’s your fellas take on this?
What I found after idling last night at ~850.
fc47cfafea6e8e33f24b5e0ea70ecf77.jpg

My truck idles at 1000 on cold nights or even when idling while loading.

There been maybe 1 or 2 nights it got cold enough to slober. Winter front and reved up would only get me 130 coolant temp. And black sludge down my tanks under the pipes.

I was going to post this yesterday but didn't have service at work.

You guys don't talk about APU's much.
e46fb3bd2d8e54b0fcc8b6845ce5096b.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I recommend the cat 825 cca batteries. They seem to last a bit longer than most.

Picked up some 1150cca.. no clue as to how old the two I replaced where... They definitely weren't new..
Like to have 3 in there but have to redo everything and longer batter cable.. these should get me through winter

There's no way mine will idle that high even with the winter front
That's weird. What are seeing for egt? I just fired my B and it was sitting right around 300 at 1000. I'll have to recheck the E, I haven't really looked in a long time.

That's weird. What are seeing for egt? I just fired my B and it was sitting right around 300 at 1000. I'll have to recheck the E, I haven't really looked in a long time.

My c15 is 160-180 max

IDK the exact temp but it's less than 300 because that's the lowest mark on the gauge.

They don’t warm engine oil. Just as effective as an espar in my mind but much larger and louder and taking up space on a frame for a strap box.

My dads c15 will maintain 180 in winter at high idle. It runs hot. My series 60 engines will stay around there on cool nights but if it’s -25 or more or windy it has trouble keeping that hot.

They have there pros/cons they're not electric quite, but don't run on batteries..
Definetly helps if you have a big inverter

Commonly Espar/wabastco don't control AC... I'm sure there's options for it..

You do get a 500lb credit for your GVW hanging a Apu on the side..

We run an APU because it saves us hours on the big engine. Hauling wide means sitting 12-14 hours a day during the winter, so it will save us at least a 1000 hours a year of idle time on the big engine, which is just wear. It's also about driver happiness...our driver is much happier with an APU than with letting the engine idle. Of course we've also told him to get a motel room when it's stupid cold or hot, but he'll just stay in the bunk...

Hopefully the Carrier we just had installed is better than the Parks Industries APU we just took off, 12-1400 hours and she blew up.

Chris

Last edited:
Back