Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Both of these are brakesaver motors so I would think they'd need different hard lines for plate/no plate. I didn't measure the plumbing because I was a little annoyed about the busted pan and I just wanted to leave.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It looks like the E's use a 1 piece paper gasket? That's still better than the puzzle piece thing.

We've use strands of wire or fishing line to hold the gasket(s) and girdle in place. Start a few of the bolts and slip the wire out.

Zip ties here. Tie it all, lift and start bolts, cut the ties and finish assembly.

I can't remember, but I'm not sure I've used a CAT one piece paper, only the 3400 segmented.
Of the engine leaks we repair, it's almost always the gaps between the aviation sealer that is leaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both of these are brakesaver motors so I would think they'd need different hard lines for plate/no plate. I didn't measure the plumbing because I was a little annoyed about the busted pan and I just wanted to leave.

On the bright side for some odd reason the brakesaver pan is way cheaper than the others.

That's good, everything else seems to be retarded more expensive. That's how I ended up with this complete engine, I needed an oil cooler for mine and it only cost 500$ more to buy a complete motor with a newer oil cooler than to get the cooler from cat.

That's good, everything else seems to be retarded more expensive. That's how I ended up with this complete engine, I needed an oil cooler for mine and it only cost 500$ more to buy a complete motor with a newer oil cooler than to get the cooler from cat.

You leaving the BS on it?

Yeah, at least for now. The B Jake's are so terrible and I run heavy in the mountains. I hear lots of horror stories but my personal brake saver experience has been pretty good.

Agreed. The JW Evo's are outstanding; I run the 8900s in my first gens, and a couple pairs of the heated lens 8910s will be in my hands before the weekend.

We put JW Speaker LED's in our factory housings...people that have driven the truck since say it is the best lights they have seen in a truck.

JW Speaker 8800 Evo2 series...2 high beams and 2 low beams needed. We also had to rewire their adapter harness, but I don't remember exactly how.
Chris

They are at 5000k (daylight), with a slight yellowish tinge for a few yards in front of the bumper - no blinding white, no blue tinge, so no more glare in Canuck snowstorms than good halogens. The beam patterns are fantastic, great seeing on low & high beams.

What kind of color do they put out? Blue or pure white is garbage in a snowstorm. All you get is glare. My yellow as **** lights look like crap but they work!

Agreed. The JW Evo's are outstanding; I run the 8900s in my first gens, and a couple pairs of the heated lens 8910s will be in my hands before the weekend.

They are at 5000k (daylight), with a slight yellowish tinge for a few yards in front of the bumper - no blinding white, no blue tinge, so no more glare in Canuck snowstorms than good halogens. The beam patterns are fantastic, great seeing on low & high beams.

I’ve run truck lite in couple of my trucks. Half the price. Can’t say it’s any better or worse than jw as I haven’t used them
But they work great.

I used the Trucklites 5x7s before (the latest versions) they are very nice indeed, bang for the buck.

I’ve run truck lite in couple of my trucks. Half the price. Can’t say it’s any better or worse than jw as I haven’t used them
But they work great.

Seams 4° is enough to almost kill two 900cca batteries.. no clue how old they are... And block heater doesn't work...

Time for 3 1250cxa batteries

-4f (-20c) here this morning...the single Group 31 battery at 1150cca starts the old girl with a single cycle of the grids...

If I run the Webasto for 20 minutes at around 0f, the grids don't even cycle.

Only cold start stuff is the block heater.. no grids in this 8.3. Do have either as last resort.. jumped it and it fired up and idled smoothly

Ah, gotcha.

The only reason I installed a Webasto is that I don't have an electrical outlet most of the time...:doh:

It was 0-2 depending on where you looked last night. I opted to leave mine running lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wonder if a set of grids from a QSC would fit that thing?

Chris
Possible.. worth a try..
Dead/worn out batteries are dead/worn out batteries.. once I hooked up my suburban to it.. it cranked fast enough and fired smoothly didn't even sound angry

It was 0-2 depending on where you looked last night. I opted to leave mine running lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It was 4° at 630 this morning.. by 8am it was -1 ...go figure
I was at home.. so wasn't too worried about having issues starting..

Possible.. worth a try..

Dead/worn out batteries are dead/worn out batteries.. once I hooked up my suburban to it.. it cranked fast enough and fired smoothly didn't even sound angry

It was 4° at 630 this morning.. by 8am it was -1 ...go figure

I was at home.. so wasn't too worried about having issues starting..

I didn’t even think about you. I just sold a brand new Wabesto coolant heater, never installed for $450.

Only cold start stuff is the block heater.. no grids in this 8.3. Do have either as last resort.. jumped it and it fired up and idled smoothly

Running synthetic oil? If mines not plugged in anything under -5 Celcious I won’t touch it. Nor will I spray it with either. A good block and oil Heater in cold temps with no wind might need an hour or two to get warm. An espar will warm the coolant up fast crappy that it don’t do oil as well but running synthetic helps.

Back