Overheating under load?

Ok, well I am going to do that then.. delete the EGR, skip doing the head gaskets for right now.. I really cant afford either the money to do it right or the time off the road at this moment. Once I am all done with the move from Ft Mac, then I can take it offline and do the head gaskets and studs etc.

The truck is running so awesome right now, I feel rather confident that if I baby it through it should be ok,, thoughts?

Even if it is headgaskets, they run fine normally. You just have to fill coolant often. As long as no coolant in oil.

No coolant in the oil (thank god). The EGR is leaking terribly (steady stream down back of engine and on to the transmission) so I am going to take the chance that it will work good if I delete it.. I guess really the only extra cost is time if I still need to change the head gaskets after I complete this....

What is leaking down the back of the engine coolant? Usually the egr cooler leaks inside the cooler and it stays in the exhaust. If the egr cooler is so bad that its leaking outside the cooler then all bets are off as to how lone that will last. Never heard of an egr cooler leaking on the out side. If so it may just be a bad hose or loose clamp connecting to the egr.

Last edited:
^ sounds to me like it might be leaking out the gasket joint by the vband in the back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back