General waste of my time

How is this? Just curious.

Just to give you an idea on how these injectors flow. With 0 button and as much tinkering as a common guy can do to the pt system. Factory 3/4" gear pump cant even flow enough to get 100psi. Changed to 1 1/4" pump and at 3200rpm I can just get it to touch 300psi. Pt pump needs to be reworked internally by a shop that knows what they are doing in order to gain more flow, hence more psi.

This thread is called waste of my time. Time to bring some new life to this thread with my next project.

QUeJZ7Q.jpg

j5VSFoO.jpg

Take the box off it and make it a puller!

When I bought it sight unseen, that was my original intention. Now that it's in the yard I am getting pressure to rebuild it into another quad axle dump.

No matter what I will be removing this box/hoist and lift axle. Once I start getting it stripped down we will have to make the decision. Weekend toy or new box/hoist and lift axles to actually try and make some money with it.

Where'd that thing come from?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't really know. Tags on it say 5-17 in PA. I bought the truck from a salvage company in lower MI. It has a salvage title with layover damage on the passenger side.

If it takes on pulling duty, it's already got a name "The Shocker" bc of the sticker on the pass. side door. LOL

Thought it had to be coal fields but they use them for corn around here now that coal is dead.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

When I bought it sight unseen, that was my original intention. Now that it's in the yard I am getting pressure to rebuild it into another quad axle dump.

No matter what I will be removing this box/hoist and lift axle. Once I start getting it stripped down we will have to make the decision. Weekend toy or new box/hoist and lift axles to actually try and make some money with it.

That box looks like it wouldnt take much to repair for the right shop.

If it takes on pulling duty, it's already got a name "The Shocker" bc of the sticker on the pass. side door. LOL

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. I am pushing for it to be a pulling truck. I already have a dump truck that I can build this winter. Of course this one is air ride with air ride cab. The other one I have is walking beam spring with solid mounted cab - hence the reason I am getting pressure to make this one a dump.

That box looks like it wouldnt take much to repair for the right shop.

We are very hard on truck boxes, aluminum wouldn't do well in our application. I would welcome one dedicated truck around here with an aluminum light weight body for a higher payload. This one is not light, the floor has already been doubled up. The box was still half full so once I got is shoveled out I weighed the truck, was 27,500lbs. For reference we run steel demo bodies made of AR500 steel and those 2 trucks both weigh between 27,000 and 27,500. I am sure I could lighten this one up a bit but I don't believe being limited to what I can haul with the aluminum body is worth a few hundred pounds.

Truck lost some weight last week. I had a feeling this aluminum box was heavy. I did not expect it to weigh 5700 lbs! I don't understand why someone would even want an aluminum box at that weight? This box is 19' long, the last 2 ar500 steel 19' box's I installed weigh 4800lbs!

DNRhLEP.jpg

Truck lost some weight last week. I had a feeling this aluminum box was heavy. I did not expect it to weigh 5700 lbs! I don't understand why someone would even want an aluminum box at that weight? This box is 19' long, the last 2 ar500 steel 19' box's I installed weigh 4800lbs!

DNRhLEP.jpg

The fact that it won't rust out or rot like a steel bed will. I can show you the between an Aluminum bed on our 91 L9000 Boom Truck looks like compared to the 97 L9000 Boom Truck with a steel bed.

The fact that it won't rust out or rot like a steel bed will. I can show you the between an Aluminum bed on our 91 L9000 Boom Truck looks like compared to the 97 L9000 Boom Truck with a steel bed.

I completely understand the need for aluminum and stainless bodies. I just feel in a dump truck application why limit yourself to what you can haul unless you are being paid by the ton and the aluminum offers weight savings. I can get some pictures of our 87, 89, and 93 tri axles all with steel dump bodies. What you would see from those pictures is corrosion of the dump body goes hand in hand with rusting of the frame. Having the body and frame blasted and painted is just another preventative maintenance measure you need to take.

I am surprised it was heavier honestly.

I was also quite shocked at how much it weighed. Like I said earlier I am not against owning an aluminum body and was thinking I would rework this one to keep it on the truck. Now that I know how much it weighs the chances of it going back on the truck are very slim.

Back