General waste of my time

I thought they were 47's. I went to look and TMI doesn't show the info where I used to access it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

This is the C16 charger in question.

HTI1Jsn.jpg

ADfjRtR.jpg

P6WOZtD.jpg

Went to swap exhaust housings to try the gated 1.18. Truck didn't seem to be running right and slowly loosing power. Found that the problem was the new 1 1/4" gear pump decided to give up on life already.

sdoZ2B3.jpg

Then to top if off when I pulled the turbine housing I found another nice little surprise.

jeDWqcA.jpg

No signs of anything on the compressor side so the jury is still out on what caused the damage.

Something I thought was funny happened yesterday. Thought I would share.

Went to local cummins distributor because I needed an intake manifold pressure sensor for our n14+. While waiting on the parts guy I strike up a conversation with the man behind the service desk. They have a chassis dyno and I wanted to know what the max capacity of that dyno. Pretty soon we had 4 guys total in the conversation and not a one had any idea what the max was. I told them I had an old 1988 big cam and might be close to 800 maybe 850 wheel hp. The service manager then asked if it was modified? Worst part about it he was serious.

Did I miss something from the 80's or was 800 wheel hp pretty common from the factory? I actually couldn't keep myself from laughing and just walked away.

I had a guy call today asking us to turn his MBN BACK DOWN. Says he's been trucking 35 years and that truck is way north of 500hp.

Have another that ran their cummins on 40% derate for 8 months. Now they are pissed because it's using more fuel.
I would guess ~%40 more. ?

I had a guy call today asking us to turn his MBN BACK DOWN. Says he's been trucking 35 years and that truck is way north of 500hp.

Have another that ran their cummins on 40% derate for 8 months. Now they are pissed because it's using more fuel.
I would guess ~%40 more. ?

Seen several Acerts around with IVA issues just trucking along with the light on. I bet a 6.5 Chevy will outpull a derated MXS. They must just get used to them being gutless.

Most of the time you can just plug in, do some random clicking and tell them it’s turned down and they go away happy. Drivers are stupid, this is why I never claim to be one.

Most of the time you can just plug in, do some random clicking and tell them it’s turned down and they go away happy. Drivers are stupid, this is why I never claim to be one.

Steering wheel holder vs a truck driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are you going to strap it to the chassis dyno?

The old service manager at that Cummins dealer was a neat guy that liked performance. About 10 years ago he even let me run my pickup on the Dyno. Too bad he retired.

I wouldn't mind getting it on a Dyno but don't want to travel far just for a number. More out of my own curiosity and to prove to these other guys that think they have close to 1800

Seen several Acerts around with IVA issues just trucking along with the light on. I bet a 6.5 Chevy will outpull a derated MXS. They must just get used to them being gutless.

What do you concider yourself? A wheel operator?LOL

Last edited:
The old service manager at that Cummins dealer was a neat guy that liked performance. About 10 years ago he even let me run my pickup on the Dyno. Too bad he retired.

I wouldn't mind getting it on a Dyno but don't want to travel far just for a number. More out of my own curiosity and to prove to these other guys that think they have close to 1800
Cummins in my neck of the woods has one too. They clain it will handle 1k hp without issue. I always wanted to drop my old ISX off and say i had a low power issue. Just to see the reaction

Cummins in my neck of the woods has one too. They clain it will handle 1k hp without issue. I always wanted to drop my old ISX off and say i had a low power issue. Just to see the reaction

I have though about doing that with my big cam, but if going that route I’d rather take it to ****sburg power.

The start of corn silage was delayed until sunday. That meant I had the opportunity to get one last pull in. Decided to trailer "Oliver" to said pulls because the wife is pregnant and wanted a more comfortable ride.

Turnout was much higher than anticipated, semi's pull last. Instead of pulling at 8pm like scheduled, it wasn't time for us untill 11.

Only 5 trucks showed up to compete and I got the honors of going first. Sled was old and operator had concerns that he wouldn't be able to stop us. He ended up changing the chain so that it was 24" and completely parallel with the ground. That meant no weight transfer.

I let the clutch out and pedaled it the first 150ft couldn't keep the tires from spinning. Thought I finally got it to hook up so layed into the throttle. My 3500 rpm tach wrapped right around and stayed there untill the engine shut itself down. Had to get pulled off the track and up onto the trailer.

Then to top it all off. On the hwy about an hour from home had a trailer tire blow out and tear up a tail light. Needless to say It was difficult staying awake until midnight last night to get through the first day of corn silage.

I guess as a positive note. I now know that the engine can handle the 3500rpms I was looking for. Only weak spot I seem to keep finding is in my fuel system.

xLoI7NE.jpg

RWl1H6y.jpg

This was another brand new fuel pump. I guess the cheap aftermarket pumps don't like high rpm. Put the original pump from 1988 on and drove it off the trailer.

I guess as a positive note. I now know that the engine can handle the 3500rpms I was looking for. Only weak spot I seem to keep finding is in my fuel system.

xLoI7NE.jpg

RWl1H6y.jpg

This was another brand new fuel pump. I guess the cheap aftermarket pumps don't like high rpm. Put the original pump from 1988 on and drove it off the trailer.

None of them like RPM, a friend of mine has broken 2 this year once he got his big injectors it, before it wouldn't rev out.

Back