2000 Jetta ALH build thread

The sway bar is hooped on the end giving it a ton of room in the CV area...

Here is a finally lowered pic. Nothing is rubbing but my skid plate on the crown of the road... :D

IMG_20160425_075411.jpg

THANKS!!!!!

i cant get the camera in there with the wheels on. I will attempt to get it on a jackstand so you can see it. frame isn't notched yet. give me a month or two and its going to be sitting fender to lip on my other wheels.

things are changing up a little. picked this up yesterday

IMG_20161002_102552023.jpg

04 lb7 240k with 10k on bosch injectors, dmax tuner dsp5, lift pump and a few other things. soon to be new tow rig

LOL I am in the process of building my shop so I might as well get stuff to work on after. duramax is going on the lift tonight and seeing if it will start up.

It's almost time to focus back on the car. Truck is almost done. Then let's see what happens. Been tinkering with a new engine for the car. With what I have here guys been saying 400hp safely.

IMG_20161224_182314485.jpg

It's almost time to focus back on the car. Truck is almost done. Then let's see what happens. Been tinkering with a new engine for the car. With what I have here guys been saying 400hp safely.

We had a local guy here (Marcell Campbell) with an ALH Beetle, IIRC he made over 400 FWHP. He was a mechanic at a local TDI shop (Fix-Um Haus) but was battling cancer.

There are definitely a few of them out there. I wanna try a few new things not done yet but it's all in the plans. I need to get together with you in a few months to order a few sets of gauges. Wanna get a set for the Duramax and some performax ones for the Jetta

IMG_20161230_221332943_BURST001.jpg

Finally time to upgrade this some more. Full suspension removal, rear axle is out, new spindles coming, bigger brakes. Adding a little more power too. Car is light on fuel according to tuner. But 55lbs boost is making me think it's running pretty decent.

Back