Ts 2010....

Sounds like they're getting it handled for next year... hope so, 'cause we can't afford to haul out there again for a cancellation.

I'm glad TS will happen in 2010 as well. Would like to know the dates as soon as possible so we can start making travel plans. We want to make the mid-west and east coast swing next year for sure. The Eastern Regional Final of NHRDA is in Bowling Green on Oct 24th. Much smaller event but will be interesting to see how the city handles any rowdies. No pulling so probably won't be much. Pulling events seem to cause most of the problems. Way more people show up and more idiots.

glad Dennis didnt give up on it...def. a great time. with a venue change for the pulling track it will be the best event, bar none. sdx was great and ill be back next year, but the 1/8 mi kinda sucked for the big boys. there's nothing like that rail arched up and haulin a$$ at mid track...

and what kind of event would it be without dennis in his bling, i ask you?

I don't know anything, but if I did, I might say that many issues have been addressed. Promoters cannot control how folks act outside a venue, but the law can.

Spoke with Dennis via email. Said that it will be happening again for sure Drags at same place pulls at another location. Herd rumors of being 30 miles east at a location that can hold 10,000 plus. So we will all see and hope dates announced soon.

i'll be there question will be is it the truck or the rabbit i'll be driving going to try to bust mu azz this winter to get the rabbit on the road. if i get the rabbit running i might make it out to a few more events next summer 50-60 mpg make the travel a little lighter on the wallet.

OK gang.. The date for TS 2010 has been set for May 7th & 8th ( Friday & Saturday) It will be a two day event for both drag racing & pulling. Leaving Sunday as a travel home day. Dennis has met with the sled pull track owner in Franklin, KY and that is where the pull will be taking place. We've definately outgrown the facility where the pull has taken place in the past. The drag race will be held at Beech Bend. (1/4 mile track). As far as security we are hiring uniformed officers that can arrest on the spot at both facilities. So we are taking every precaution to ensure we dont have a repeat of 2009.

More info will be posted as it becomes available. But the dates are solid.

Sheila

I'm sure Timbeaux will open up a TS Outlaw section under events sometime soon.

Awesome sheila, Just marked the date. There will be plenty of folks there policing our own too. Never too early to start the thread, "DON'T F up TS".

Good on you TS---I'm glad you held in there and decided "the show must go on" :clap:

I'm sure the "lessons learned" list after this springs event was a lengthy one and couldn't agree more with the zero-tolerance rule in place for next year. These guys (kids) need to act like they have some sense or face the consequences.

Awesome...I'll be there again for one of the best events in the country, if not the best.

Thanks Dennis and Sheila for getting through a bad event and taking the steps to prevent it from happening again.

Chris

The Max'd out super street truck is planning on attending. Glad to hear the event is taking place.

I'll have to stop by and preview the pulling track. Didn't know we had that big a venue in Franklin.

The Max'd out super street truck is planning on attending. Glad to hear the event is taking place.

Don't think they have a superstreet class at TS, think it's run under NADM guidelines. Hope they do let us run 1/4 mile. Looking forward to it. I'll be at Beech Bend on the 24th for the NHRDA Eastern Regional Finals so I can check out the track.

Don't think they have a superstreet class at TS, think it's run under NADM guidelines. Hope they do let us run 1/4 mile. Looking forward to it. I'll be at Beech Bend on the 24th for the NHRDA Eastern Regional Finals so I can check out the track.

Superstreet at TS is a different class that no organization has. It is designed for the cars, s-10, rangers, etc. the weight limits are 3500- 4499lbs. Maxed out would compete in prostreet. It will be ran 1/4 mile for all classes.

Back