**** Bear Hunter's Truck - STOLEN! **** HOUSTON

Man I really hate to hear about your truck. Can you give us a list of Mod's..somethings specific so we can watch for them on e-bay?? Maybe we can pin these Azzholes down.

When I first read this post I thought it was a joke. I mean you truck stands out pretty dern well.......I'm in aww. I can not believe your truck has been stolen. My prayers are with you and your truck. Hopefully you'll get it back soon.

Hey guys…Still nothing

I’m sorry that I’m not more active on the forums right now, I’m really just down in the dumps. The hardest part is just not knowing…. wondering where it is…. and what they have done to it.

I just want to let you know that I really appreciate the support, sharing your experiences, and all of you going out of your way for me like that. I read every post and it really means a lot....I want you to know that

Some of the MODs that might help to watch out for would be:

Donahoe Racing 10.5" Suspension Lift
King 2.5" Res Offroad Racing Shocks
King 2.5" Steering Stabilizer
20x12 Weld Racing Cheyenne wheels
40x15.50R20 Toyo Open Country MT Tires
MBRP Dual Walled Angled 6" Exhaust Tip
Polished Stainless Steel Pre-Runner Bar
Truck-Toyz Billet Badges (Replaced the Factory "F-250" Badges)
30" and 25" Grover Air Horns
Rear Aircraft Landing Lights Mounted on the Trailer Hitch
05/06 Harley Davidson Headlight Conversion
Custom Front Bumper with Piaa 520's frenched in
Keystone Heat Extractor Hood

Thank you,
Kevin

I am so sorry for your loss. That truck was a big insperation for alot of us. I always caught myself going back to your pictures looking at the beauty. Ive even considered redoing my truck very similar because I love that thing so much. There is nothing worse than getting something stolen from you.

again ....sorry for your loss

Kevin, we are all collectively with you- I am down in the dumps with you as well...... this plain sucks! And not knowing is even worse.... Keep the faith.

Guys thank you so much...It really means a lot...

I finally got in touch with my insurance case worker late this afternoon. There were a couple questions that I wanted some answers to…. I found out that they settle at “fair market” value. I inquired if this would be close to the Kelly Blue Book “Private Party” sale and got the feeling that it might be in the ballpark. Apparently they use an independent source to determine market value in the area you live in. When I asked about my MODs they told me that the adjuster will determine how much they are worth based on the date of purchase and then factor it in to the overall value of the truck…. I’m a little concerned that somebody who doesn’t know much about the MODs might not know what they are looking at…. I’m probably over reacting because all I’m doing is waiting and wondering what is going to happen. I did tell the case worker that I am putting together an Excel spreadsheet listing every single MOD which will reference a specific picture of the MOD, the receipt, the cost, and date of purchase. I don’t plan to leave anything to chance. I also found out that you can dispute what they offer you if you can show one of two things (I have no idea how long this process takes though):

1. Trucks with similar MODs selling in your area above the settlement they are offering you.
2. An Appraisal of your truck showing how much it is worth.

Unfortunately I didn’t think to get my truck appraised and have no idea how much it would be worth on the market.

So lesson learned on my part:

1. Tracking device is a must under any circumstances
2. Get your truck appraised if you have a lot into it, so you will have ammunition if this ever happens to you.
3. Keep good records of your MODs and have a picture of it on the truck to back it up.

Thank you all again…please know that I am sincere in my appreciation and I am very very grateful for all your help and concern.

I just wish we could:
(1) Find your truck in one piece and get it back to you
(2) Lay a good old fashioned country whoopin on the low life that took it in the first place....I mean tie him to a stump in the swamp and let the alligators find him..

Hi, Im fairly new to this particular site, but one thing Ive noticed on alot of yalls pics in the forums...

Nobody has blacked out their license plate...

Thats like taking a picture of all the electronics in your house and then giving someone your home address, theives can easily find you with a license plate number. Just food for thought to help prevent future theft.

Ive had several of my vehicles broken into before, it sucks, especially since yours was actually stolen. I hope something turns up.

Thank you guys for the continued support and advice. The support you have all given me has been so overwhelming and totally above and beyond anything anyone could ever ask for. Please understand that although I am copying and pasting my replies on other boards that I truly appreciate all of you guys individually and am blown away by your support and help…I’m sorry that I’m not more active right now… I’ll probably feel a whole lot better when this case gets settled. I will continue to give you updates as information comes in.

I called the Auto Theft Department again this morning, and they haven’t assigned a case officer to it yet. I know they have other priorities right now. If my truck is in one piece…I honestly don’t see these guys getting caught unless they are stopped for a moving violation…plus I don’t see them driving it because of the high probability that they will get noticed. If it’s in pieces its gone anyway and really don’t want the truck back at that point because it will never be the same to me.

I also called the records department to check on the description the officer put on the report because I wanted to make sure everything was there to aid in identification. Luckily I was able to update the record so it is more accurate now.

Finally, I notified my local service department and asked them if there was a way to flag the vehicle as stolen just in case someone brought it in with different tags for service somewhere, but they didn’t think it could be done….or at least never heard of it being done… I was just trying to make sure all the bases were covered.

If I end up with a new truck it is going straight from the lot to Marty at Trucktoyzperformance. It will remain stock for the amount of time it will take to get from the dealership to Marty’s shop. Trucktoyz has been unbelievable in their support and help. I’m proud to have owned one of their creations and I am proud to have them as friends.

Dang! I just found this. I cant tell you how bad I feel for you Kevin.:frown: I hope it all works out one way or another.

The pic your daughter drew brought a tear to my eye bud.

Wow, that is a very nice looking truck. Hope they find it and it's not in Mexico by now. Makes me think hard about putting a tracking device in mine that's for sure. Hope they catch the mofo's and let me know if you need a hand with the pay back. Good luck!

Absolutley nothing.... HPD hasn't even assigned an officer to my case yet. The insurance company will be going over my receipts and pics this week so I might hear something from them soon on the settlement. 27 JUL will mark 3 weeks since it was stolen...thats the timeframe my insurance gives to see if it will be found.

Wow, HPD is overworked still I see. Thats to bad you truck still hasn't been found....and I wish you the best with the insurance company.

Update:

I talked to my insurance company yesterday. My file has gone through my case worker to the MGR of the damage dept...and now has been faxed over to an independant source that appraises specialty vehicles.

I talked to the lady that was handling my personal property claim (for stuff that was inside my truck when it was stolen) and she told me that they faxed 67 pages of stuff to the people who appraise specialty vehicles. She was really nice and has been keeping an eye out for me....told me that she looked to see if there was a preliminary offer written anywhere on the paperwork...and there was none. Looks like maybe next week sometime before I will receive an offer.

Wish me luck

Back