Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I wonder how a Fontaine Revolution would hold up to coil abuse? Theoretically if the I-beams are rated heavy enough it shouldn't matter that they don't have cross members

Those trailers are designed for coils. They have a 52 and a 60, both in 4 feet rating. The floor is the crossmembers with extra reinforcement in the center (coil package) as standard feature.

As far as makes:

East - My step deck cracked at the neck inside the welds. They warrantied it out of warranty. My dad still pulls it. Decent trailer but the wiring is a disaster behind the tail lights

MAC - Their welding is poor. I know several that have had issues, but they stand by their work

Reitnouer - Has gone downhill. They had huge issues with cracks by the air bag mounts. I've never been a fan of their design

Fontaine Revolution - I like it. Most of the welding is done by machine (friction stir). My 53 comes in at 9200 lbs. The wiring is lightyears ahead of others. But it does seem to be going through tires quicker than it should.

Last edited:
Those trailers are designed for coils. They have a 52 and a 60, both in 4 feet rating. The floor is the crossmembers with extra reinforcement in the center (coil package) as standard feature.

Fontaine Revolution - I like it. Most of the welding is done by machine (friction stir). My 53 comes in at 9200 lbs. The wiring is lightyears ahead of others. But it does seem to be going through tires quicker than it should.

Have you ever seen one with a 52-60k coil? Here is the steel framed one with less than 45k, I guess they engineered the wave in them?
8b82e44953928df71c6a7993728befd8.jpg
4602aafb2aa8c13a96a8216974a618b3.jpg

Here is the East I had before we put 2 more axles under it, anything can haul lumber.
df46d9364ce620349f06d318a096c3c4.jpg

And my Mac with 78,660# single coil, missing the Revolution sag.
fa4930691c942dd8048cc114a9fa761a.jpg

You kenworth guys need your heads examined

Dude you think the ISX is a good engine so your opinion is severely tainted. Having to pull the cool pack to pull the head is genius in your world? Relying on loctite to hold the cam gears from slipping after setting the valve timing with some janky azz wedges? (I guess it is a step up from gluing the main caps of the N14 so they didn’t walk) Belt driven water pumps?

The company I work for runs 2200 flatbeds. Our drivers really like the Revolution- that being said, proper securement and loading/unloading makes all the difference in the world when it comes to trailer longevity.

Have you ever seen one with a 52-60k coil? Here is the steel framed one with less than 45k, I guess they engineered the wave in them?
8b82e44953928df71c6a7993728befd8.jpg
4602aafb2aa8c13a96a8216974a618b3.jpg

Here is the East I had before we put 2 more axles under it, anything can haul lumber.
df46d9364ce620349f06d318a096c3c4.jpg

And my Mac with 78,660# single coil, missing the Revolution sag.
fa4930691c942dd8048cc114a9fa761a.jpg

Same guy that engineered your East also did the Revolution. No idea what the frame ratings are on the steel ones. Actually I don't think they make the steel ones any more. Maybe there's a reason?

Mac also has much higher frame ratings. Use the right tool for the job. I've loaded 56k on mine without issue.

Dude you think the ISX is a good engine so your opinion is severely tainted. Having to pull the cool pack to pull the head is genius in your world? Relying on loctite to hold the cam gears from slipping after setting the valve timing with some janky azz wedges? (I guess it is a step up from gluing the main caps of the N14 so they didn’t walk) Belt driven water pumps?

I think your takin it wrong. I agree on most of that that you stated. But most trucks the cooling pack comes out fairly quick. I wouldnt own a common rail. Period. And anyone I talk to looking to buy one iI tell them make sure its cheep enough to justify a repower. Ive had very good luck with 570s, 870s and 871s.
Seen both cat and cummins break cranks and blocks. Cats not without fault though. Weve been over it before, reliefe cuts in tbe head, using a spacer plate instead of just having a taller deavk would probly solve head gasket ussues.
Kw just drives me nuts with the same issues you said before. Over trans exhaust, bullchit brackets on everything and minimal access to the top of the trans. There heater box is as ingenious as petes fuse panel. Pete can suck a big one with door mounted mirrors. It just seems as a general rule the pete is easier to work on.
That being said, pretty much anything out of paccar is miles ahead of pretty much everthing else out there

Same guy that engineered your East also did the Revolution. No idea what the frame ratings are on the steel ones. Actually I don't think they make the steel ones any more. Maybe there's a reason?

Mac also has much higher frame ratings. Use the right tool for the job. I've loaded 56k on mine without issue.

I wouldn’t brag about that. My east sagged at the dolly’s. And I said earlier if you only haul general freight they all do the job. But I’ve never had too strong of a trailer and wished it was weaker. I had a 4 axle East Beast and you had to put the lift axles down to put the sidekit together because it would sag and pinch the boards.

Try a Canadian Peterbilt they're better than any Paccar I've been in.

It’s not where they’re made that’s the issue.

I think your takin it wrong. I agree on most of that that you stated. But most trucks the cooling pack comes out fairly quick. I wouldnt own a common rail. Period. And anyone I talk to looking to buy one iI tell them make sure its cheep enough to justify a repower. Ive had very good luck with 570s, 870s and 871s.

Seen both cat and cummins break cranks and blocks. Cats not without fault though. Weve been over it before, reliefe cuts in tbe head, using a spacer plate instead of just having a taller deavk would probly solve head gasket ussues.

Kw just drives me nuts with the same issues you said before. Over trans exhaust, bullchit brackets on everything and minimal access to the top of the trans. There heater box is as ingenious as petes fuse panel. Pete can suck a big one with door mounted mirrors. It just seems as a general rule the pete is easier to work on.

That being said, pretty much anything out of paccar is miles ahead of pretty much everthing else out there

We’ve solved the HG issue, over 100 done this way and ZERO blown. The heater box is almost a non issue as is the fuse panel. If your keeping trucks for 30yrs maybe. I’ve had to replace one heater box cover ever on a truck I owned. If they made them out of stainless or aluminum someone would beeoch about the price. Remember we live in a world that having to pay $10 more for a good brake chamber vs Chinese is too much.

Doesn’t change the fact the ISX is a horrible engine to work on, got a 2250 here with a destroyed cam and all the followers. Probably a 40,000 mile oil change idiot on an engine that barely makes more pressure than me when I pizz in the morning. Bet the parts price kills his maintenance savings.

Rick, just wanted to publicly state that i'm not doubting your abilities as an owner operator. My posts seem to have indicated that. Sorry.

Dude those Star owners are cult members.

I did some work on a 2012 Star with a 2250 for a logger a while back. He came out of a 1997 star with a 6ts prior and expected tjis one to be the same. You can imagine hus disappointment after not a very long time:hehe:

Pre buyout? No way on a westernliner

Dude those Star owners are cult members.

I did some work on a 2012 Star with a 2250 for a logger a while back. He came out of a 1997 star with a 6ts prior and expected tjis one to be the same. You can imagine hus disappointment after not a very long time:hehe:

I drove a 99 4964EX 83" Heritage for a bit. Cam, injectors, turbo, tune 6nz/13spd. Best truck I've ever driven. W900 would be second, FLB cabover 3rd and Pedobuild somewhere around 11th best or lower lol

Heard that from the DD13/15 owners that had S60’s before and the Mack owners that have the new Volvo/Mack.

Back