Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

Hey guys,
I am building the blue truck in my avatar into a drag truck and I thought I would bring you guys along and get help from this thread rather than posting multiple threads about all of the questions I will have.
The truck is a 01 rclb 5-speed dually with 4.10's. Yeah, I know...the worst platform to build something fast on. I am going to try to go as fast as possible on 6 tires, I think it will be a fun project.
The truck started basically bone stock other than a adr, clutch, and airdog when I traded a while back with bbtank45. I have gone through multiple setups and I am finally starting to get where I want to be.
Here is where I stand with the vp...I am going to keep it and try to break some records until I cannot possibly advance any further with my build.
Lavon Miller has been kind enough to invite me up to his house starting December 17th to complete the auto swap and we decided on a 47rh TRE build with a full manual vb.
While at Lavon's I will play with some nitrous from coonsmile until I can muster up some cash to buy my own progressive kit.
Gearing will soon be changed from 4.10's to 3.55's or even 3.42's.
Air will be handled by ED. I started with a S468 very similar to DoubleJ's and I am working with a little larger S472 now with the possibility of some changes in the spring.
Fuel is delivered by some Scheid 6x18's and experimenting between the redline unlimited, ADR, drag comp, and every combination possible.
This should be an exciting project as I don't see many dually's trying to go fast. I should have a cage in by spring time and I would like to try and find a drag radial type tire in a 285/16 or so size to run on all six and be able to keep the current wheel setup I have now.
Normally I wouldn't post up a thread like this about a build but I think a lot of members would enjoy the pain and anguish of trying to be different in today's diesel industry :lolly:
But lets not forget....my first goal is to get it faster than my 12.02 dd/tow rig by spring or else I will have some major issues. Long term goals for this project are definitely knocking on 10's door.
So if you follow or not, I hope you enjoy this build half as much as I am going to and thanks for everyone that has already helped and also to the future help!
Chase
BTW: This is the truck if you have not seen it
13451_1507111644098_1423500056_3133.jpg

13451_1507109364041_1423500056_3133.jpg

photo.jpg
i have a huge set of twins that came off of my 99 qclb dually that would make big power with the 44. i had the twins with a 5-speed truck on a 44 powered truck with a powerpuck and a bluechip and i could launch the truck in hi gear if i slipped the clutch and spooled the twins. it ran great. they are from scheid and are a good setup. Id take 5500 for them and all the piping is custom and all stainless.

i have a huge set of twins that came off of my 99 qclb dually that would make big power with the 44. i had the twins with a 5-speed truck on a 44 powered truck with a powerpuck and a bluechip and i could launch the truck in hi gear if i slipped the clutch and spooled the twins. it ran great. they are from scheid and are a good setup. Id take 5500 for them and all the piping is custom and all stainless.

Hell of a salesman here lol

If its a hx35/3b kit, ill take it!

Well, just got back to Kentucky from Plain City dropping to truck off with Lavon. I will head back up there this week and we are going to knock out as much as we can before Christmas. I will update with some pictures.

Well, lots of progress over the past few days.
-The driveshafts were lengthened and shortened and we mocked everything up with an empty tranny case with no problems.
-We also planned the interior design with the ratchet shifter base and accessories. Most should be done next week.
-The transfer case hub was swapped out for an auto hub.
-The tranny is all assembled except for the billet drum and valvebody which Tim still has.
Being said though, there is still a very lengthy list on the shop wall of parts to get and things to fab.
Should be a busy first week of the year!
Pics to follow when I'm lazy enough to start taking some rather than working.

Longhorn-How much do you want for those 4.10s? my truck has 3.55's in it and I want some better gears for pulling. I could trade you the d60 gears but my truck has a d70 in the rear. Lemme know if this helps you at all.

Mike

I'm also surprised you overspeed the S468. I've only used a small shot of nitrous a few time since I started running this charger, but drive pressures were within acceptable limits according to Chris. No need for an external gate with my current setup.

Hope to see you in the NADM series races at Natonal Trails this summer. The QD class is shaping up to be just as big as the ET class---and it's always very competitive. :rockwoot:

Joel, I was waiting to get your input. Chris and I basically just came to the reasoning that the 6x18s fuel so hard and in such a short amount of time that it trashed the first bearing from pushing oil through so hard. I mounted up my ED gate last night, we just have to make a pipe from the gate to the dp and mess with the springs and I should be good to spray away.
-I plan to be at all of the big events I can make. It should be a fun year!

For reference, spring the gate to under the total pressure you need, then add regulated boost to the top port to get the final pressure.

Just got the TCI outlaw shifter and dual fan kit from ups and im already playing with the shifter lol
Also met chris in Lexington to get my 72mm. Hoping to get it on tomorrow and see how it runs with the 5-speed still in the truck.

Damn bro see what u can do in the 1/4 mile with the 5 speed ?? I have a drag truck kinda 5 speed 12v gonna try break 11s u should have no prob doing that. Truck sounds very strong. Good luck on build.

Back