Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

There is a big difference in a 12.7 and a 11.5, especially with a manual. Are you planning on doing this with your ex cab dually?

O and what is a true race truck??put an auto in my 5 speed sorry I'm not gonna do that my mom could drag race an auto will stick with the 5 speed And see how far I can go.

O and what is a true race truck??put an auto in my 5 speed sorry I'm not gonna do that my mom could drag race an auto will stick with the 5 speed And see how far I can go.

"A time is going to come when common sense trumps "unique"."

-Example
"I wanna get 100 mpg in a 9 second diesel race truck. I don't wanna take the easy way out so I think I will paint it pink and run a 3 cylinder yanmar to reach my goal."

I sure hope that thing is 4wd, my 2wd single cab 5spd making 700 rwhp with big rear single 16.5" wide slick caltracs etc wouldnt hook to save its life. Went 13.3 @121 mph on street tires spinning through the 1/8th LOL. I kept shreading countersink gears in the tranny though cryo treating etc it was just getting to expensive. I since converted the truck to auto and did alot more work to it then sold it to member schoolbus should be solid 11 second truck now. My point is I wanted the fastest manual tranny out there and I went fast but it was a goal that few can accomplish good luck too you it would be great to see someone out there banging gears :rockwoot:.

I sure hope that thing is 4wd, my 2wd single cab 5spd making 700 rwhp with big rear single 16.5" wide slick caltracs etc wouldnt hook to save its life. Went 13.3 @121 mph on street tires spinning through the 1/8th LOL. I kept shreading countersink gears in the tranny though cryo treating etc it was just getting to expensive. I since converted the truck to auto and did alot more work to it then sold it to member schoolbus should be solid 11 second truck now. My point is I wanted the fastest manual tranny out there and I went fast but it was a goal that few can accomplish good luck too you it would be great to see someone out there banging gears :rockwoot:.

Ha ha thanks bro and yes it's 4x4. And ya just broke my nv and just got back together. And damn 121 mph wow I u would hav hooked would have loved to see ur et

I'm glad someone else is trying to go fast with a manual too! I run mid 8s in the 1/8th with my 6 speed on 35s. I run a 3600DD boost launch 3rd gear and spray between shifts. Getting a bigger top turbo and some 300s and adding a second stage of NOS for this coming up year. Planning on dropping the truck back to a leveling kit and shaving some weight off too! Its awesome to see guys with manuals running low 13s and 12s shifting! Good luck and keep us updated!

I'm glad someone else is trying to go fast with a manual too! I run mid 8s in the 1/8th with my 6 speed on 35s. I run a 3600DD boost launch 3rd gear and spray between shifts. Getting a bigger top turbo and some 300s and adding a second stage of NOS for this coming up year. Planning on dropping the truck back to a leveling kit and shaving some weight off too! Its awesome to see guys with manuals running low 13s and 12s shifting! Good luck and keep us updated!

Spray between shifts?? What u mean?? WhAt mods ?also what mph ?

I give it a shot of NOS between shifts to get the turbos lit back up faster. I normally don't drop blow 20psi on shifts but it does get them back up faster and helped a lot with the ETs. My truck weights in at 8050lbs. Times were 8.689 @ 82.14mph with a .036RT and a 1.971 60'. My best 60' was 1.783 but I spun bad out of the hole so I aired down a little more and launched a little softer which helped.

Thats neet never heard of any body doing that. What chargers fuel ect. Also what kind of fuel pump u running vp ppump? And nx kit?

Running a 62/65-12 with a ED manifold spacer for a JGS 50mm External to a S475. I run dual external gates to regulate both sides of the 62/65 so it doesn't over spool it. I am running a SOVP, MACH 7s, FASS 150/150, HOT EDGE. I am using a ZEX kit spraying in the horn but I have a small stage setup to go pre intercooler now that I haven't tried yet. Boost on fuel is normally 65-70 and 80+ on the bottle. I haven't ran my water/meth with the NOS yet to see what it does. I am hopefully gonna get back on the dyno since I haven't been on in a while to try out the new wastegate setup

Where u live we need to get together and race when tracks open up. I have same 50mm jgs wastegate on my twins.

Coos Bay Oregon. I dyno at JGS Turbo's shop here in town. Lance at JGS has helped me out a TON with ideas and parts for the setup and it seems to work awesome. The way we have it setup it kinda bypasses the small turbo on the upper boost pressure and runs off the S475 so its kinda cool. Lance is super turbo smart and awesome at coming up with ways to help the turbos work better in their ranges. We are probably going to put a Turbo Guard style blowoff valve here next to make it safe when I back out of the throttle really fast. We only have a 1/8 mile track here in Coos Bay but Woodburn and Medford are only 3 hours away and Portland is 4 hours away. Going to trailer the truck up next year and see how it goes in the 1/4 cause all my speed is once I am in 5th gear it flat out hauls and pulls like crazy. At the 1/8th I am at the point of shifting into 6th but run 5th through the traps around 3,000rpms, 75psi and 1350 degrees!

Damn bro sounds bad a$$ i would love to see how fast u r n the 1/4. I need to change springs again in my wastegate only makin 61lbs of boost my twins should make around 80

Yeah. Its amazing on how little of an adjustment you make can make such a big affect. I have everything to route my regulators into the cab so that I can make adjustments on the fly for test and tuning. Here is my current setup with the dual wastegates.
DSC01041.jpg
[/IMG]
GetAttachment-1aspx-2.jpg
[/IMG]

There is a big difference in a 12.7 and a 11.5, especially with a manual. Are you planning on doing this with your ex cab dually?

You are definitely right there is huge difference, but it can be done! I know my megacab weighing 8100lbs will run a 11 second pass if it will stay together. Making a lot of HP and weighing that much is hard on parts though. Not saying my truck would run a 11.5, but would be in the 11s for sure. It went 12.6@112 and 12.7@113 only making 765hp and it now makes 902hp and those times were only with a high 1.9 60ft launching in 2nd.

D@mn! You have any videos? That's an impressive MPH!!!:rockwoot:

Yeah they are both 50mm. 95civic2005 I love your truck! Its pretty impressive and a total sleeper IMO!!

Yeah they are both 50mm. 95civic2005 I love your truck! Its pretty impressive and a total sleeper IMO!!

Thanks man! Yeah most people don't expect much out of my truck just by looking at it, but then they see how it runs and they are normally pretty impressed with it. If you do what you said above about to your truck, you will see a drop in time on your truck. Are the HP numbers in your sig updated? Have you ran the 1/4 or just 1/8?

Last edited:
Back