F250/Cummins Swap

That they can. It would be wild to have a similar tail wind on the same route twice.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Not at all. Just about every time I go see my folks I have a headwind there and a tailwind on the way back.

Looks like precision is now the same line as mevotech. I think I'm gonna go motorcraft on this one. I also wonder if I trashed this thing unloading the suspension.

K500262
MCF2225

Oriely's awarded Mevotech/Precision their supplier of the year award. The representative images of the parts are identical images.

Look into it, but I'm pretty dead set that I'm just going to run the motorcraft. The original was well over 100k when I replaced it, and it never was right after the moog parts went in.

I’m waiting on a phone call about the Mevotech/Precision thing. Precision is an O’Reilly’s “house” brand that MAY be made by Mevotech.

I can get the Moog K500262 ball joint for $23.46 and the MC for $54.40.

My supplier lists a Mevotech MS40522 as an alternate for the MCF2225. The K500262 is a Moog part number.

What truck does this go on? Those numbers aren’t listed for a 2010 F250 4x4.

That's it, a 2010 F250 XL FX4. I called and verified fitment and then they told me they wanted to charge shipping to get it in. I was at TCAT this week or I would have followed up here sooner. Those are the numbers I've found for the track bar end joint. I ordered the MCF number from Amazon yesterday for $48. Should be here tomorrow.

Precision was NAPA's supplier when I started out.

At least the representative images are identical. I'm guessing the same holding company has them both.

698baf5f6d7c6451b3c4e392686c4634.jpg
110a2bf37fd89012aad9336404b32242.jpg
e6e38815dddd17dae1e14b2f57d48e61.jpg
d9dca7513882d382e47b76c88d54a0ed.jpg

Last edited:
I got my phone call this morning.

Precision is an O'Reilly's premium house brand. They bought the brand several years ago when they were having problems with Moog. I was told that 90% of the Precision parts are manufactured by Mevotech, but O'Reilly's chose to keep the Moog part numbers.

Flat out shameful that moog went to trash after they got bought out. I know I won't be running anything if theirs again.

Well, shit show it is. Got the Moog ball joint out just now. Dropped the motorcraft in and it dropped nearly through the eye in the axle. I noticed when I was shopping that the Moog says it's 0.006" OS.

It's loose enough that I'm sending the motorcraft back and going with another Moog against my will.

I wonder what it would be like to afford having someone else fight your automotive battles for you

Well, I've applied dto three different fast food restaurants, because I'm too *******ed stupid to keep wrenching.

I called ahead and had the ball joint laid out for my wife to pick up. The pulled a K50062 I stead of a K500262.
I go back and get the right one. Load this thing up in the axle, and proceed to press it in. I was tired and not paying attention. The receiver collet in the ball joint press was too short for the stud, and shoved the ball stud out the back on the socket. I didn't catch on until I remove the press, and the parts fell out on the floor. $60 shot in the face, in top of the $60 for the motorcraft joint.

I scrambled and ended up putting in the Mevotech/precision, which seems to be a quality part.

I am now %100 certain that I killed the original Moog joint when I installed it, I just didn't manage to completely rupture it like I did this one.

I quit. It did drove home nicely with no annoying popping that I've been dealing with for over a year.

The upload file/image is too large for the server to process.
Guess you bastards are going to have to pretend what a shattered thermostat looks like.
The Tstat in mine is a motorad/Murray climate. Looks like a 92 Chevy 350 fits, I mistakenly grabbed a 97 yesterday which will not fit.

The bypass can come out the back in a swapped truck with the downpipe put and the pass inner fender out. I may try to put it back though the driver side just to see if I can. It was a PITA to get out because there is a ford screw from the HVAC out though the firewall.

Also, pulled 16.9 average running across TN to the Smokies, over the mountains to Cherokee and then Maggie Valley and then back west on I40. I may try to bump up the timing a bit more. Don't have any trips planned until later in May.

Also, here's why I said beware the fleece thermostat. It's a motorad/Murray climate from a gen 2 small block Chevy.
I'm sure it was a combination of excessive coolant pressure and the brittle metal that Tstat is made of. I can could on one hand how ma y times this engine has been over 4k.

Never mind. Now the screenshot is too large.

Now the screenshot is too large.

May not work on a phone, but when you paste the pic in your post, tap on it and four little squares should pop up on the corners. Touch the one on the bottom right and push it up till the image is the size you want. Or, you could crop out the keyboard and header.

Back