F250/Cummins Swap

I made a push to kill off the alternator lamp by fooling the ford ECM today. I found a decent video detailing the smart alternator logic, and set up and Arduino to read GENCON, buffer the duty cycle, and return it on GENMON. I'm in hopes varying the delay will mimic actual load response time and shut the lamp off.

I also picked up the 5.4L oil pressure switch and plan to install it this week to get rid of the oil pressure lamp. I spliced the ford circuit to the Cummins circuit, but that causes the lamp to be on any time there is oil pressure.

Both of these are things I've tolerated but always planned to correct. Even after four years. I'm in hopes that will be enough to get rid of the wrench symbol on the LCD display as well.

That will leave getting the gear position indicator and cruise control sorted.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk
Those Arduino are pretty awesome on what you can do with them
as for the oil pressure switch are the signals opposites?

Yes, opposite logic. I was going to put a transistor in a duetch connector and place it in the circuit, but I'm feeling lame and just going to add the switch.

I found my meter last night and confirmed that I do have PWM output from the board based on the input. I added an NPN transistor to handle the 12v switching but since I had no load hooked to it, the transistor saturated and stayed at 99% duty cycle. I'll probably hook a 9V and some sort of load to it tonight before I hook it to the truck.

Ready to set the VW on fire. It's jumping between underboost and overboost now. It will pull for a while and then set one of the two codes while cruising. It really needs a turbo put on it but I struggle with the thought of throwing more money in it than the entire car is worth.

Ready to set the VW on fire. It's jumping between underboost and overboost now. It will pull for a while and then set one of the two codes while cruising. It really needs a turbo put on it but I struggle with the thought of throwing more money in it than the entire car is worth.

That's why I sold mine.

I'm honestly baffled as to why the new tune doesn't silence the two codes.

Biased boost pressure sensor anyone? This one is a new "Bosch" from Amazon. Has less than 1000 miles on it. Probably less than 500 really.
Snapshots from Key On Engine Off
42ffdeebfa23efea2adaba2f862dc493.jpg
71e6b0de5438d4e2982e4a04f9bb355d.jpg

It was just so cheap..... I think the next one I will dig out of the dumpster at the flea market and save myself the shipping cost ?

You could skip a step and just slam your hand in the truck door....

Is it not measuring standard barometric air pressure? Seems it's like 14.5psi at sea level. 12.5 is probably about right at your elevation.

Is it not measuring standard barometric air pressure? Seems it's like 14.5psi at sea level. 12.5 is probably about right at your elevation.
Come to think of it, that's what the CTS2 would read on my 06 jetta. For whatever reason, it just read the pid and didn't remove barometric.

Y'all smokin crack.

I've already tangled with that trying to reconcile boost actual from that thing vs efilive on the ford when I rescaled for the 5bar pressure sensor.

30.2" local baro. 14.5 is nearly spot on. Converter actually has it at 14.85

Ran the car 30 miles round trip. Only set P0299 once. I think if I redo this zip tie the boost will no longer be an issue.

Paid for, cheap Insurance, cheap fuel cost. First major repairs since I did the clutch in 2017.

It really just needs this sorted and a camshaft and should get me through another 100k miles.

It needs brake pads. I think I have done them once since 2011.

Car is better. No limp today.

Had this picture sent to me today. It's one I didn't have of my engine.

Also, after 4 years of driving the truck, the trans temp is permanently functional and the oil pressure lamp is out. It's the small things.... ?
de8c135e073e921c6ad3a539083c0775.jpg
0b8bb037398f66902382bd16d516bbf5.jpg
e1ccb7b827b2f32bea2633d9c85523df.jpg

Anyone got any good write-ups saved for building traction bars? I think it's time to build a set. I was going to order some pmf units but don't see exactly what I want

Anyone got any good write-ups saved for building traction bars? I think it's time to build a set. I was going to order some pmf units but don't see exactly what I want

I went caltracs strictly because I couldn't figure out a place to mount mine where I wouldn't have to remove them anytime I put my truck on a two post.

I went caltracs strictly because I couldn't figure out a place to mount mine where I wouldn't have to remove them anytime I put my truck on a two post.
I planned to do a bell crank setup but underslung. I hadn't thought about the lift issue. Good to know

Back