Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

question for yall fabracators would 2 inch square tubing with 1/4 in wall be plenty strong enough? i mean that is what recivers are made of right lol. i would use solid stock but i got tubing up at the shop and it wont cost me anything to use it

question for yall fabracators would 2 inch square tubing with 1/4 in wall be plenty strong enough? i mean that is what recivers are made of right lol. i would use solid stock but i got tubing up at the shop and it wont cost me anything to use it

Depends on how you are going to have it coming out of the receiver. If you are going to have a rise on it then no the tubing will not be strong enough. If it is coming straight out of the receiver then the tubing will be fine. All depends on how it is setup.

Depends on how you are going to have it coming out of the receiver. If you are going to have a rise on it then no the tubing will not be strong enough. If it is coming straight out of the receiver then the tubing will be fine. All depends on how it is setup.

im gunna have a rise in it but its guna be gusseted on both top and bottom and wont have a real high rise just maybe 6 inchs of adjustment

6 inches is getting to the point where it is border line. I have had them bend with hot rolled solid with an 8" rise. The gussets will help but I have seen tubing just tear from the stress since you only have 1/4" of material thickness.

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

been sitting all winter. has a little dust on her.

that looks almost exactly like how mine is. i think my back plate is a little thicker/longer but it looks like an exact twin. mine is rated for about 42K so its definatley plenty strong:rockwoot:

ok now that i have looked through 26 pages of over built hitches. where are the pictures of receivers slid in more toward the axle to get the best use out of these super hitches?

Here's mine set in, did the sled stops at the same time. I suggest a tailgate locking handle to keep the morons from opening your tailgate and having the tailgate bounce off the sled stops. :bang LOL

P4024840.jpg

P4024838.jpg

P4064893.jpg

P4064899.jpg

Narrowed a hitch, bolted it to the frame by its brackets and it's welded to the end of the frame and to the sled stop receivers via the braces.

P4064892.jpg

P4115060.jpg

P4115062.jpg

P4115058.jpg

I can take more pics if need be :1tooth:

Last edited:
Now that is a pulling hitch setup!! Thanks now others can get a good idea! I got a duramax now and I'm in the process of samething, I don't know why they had to make the stock equipment all curved and weird!!

Well here is what I got slapped together this weekend

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.764095,-92.466869"]Google Maps[/ame]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316402476.477713.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316402476.477713.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316402499.533861.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316402499.533861.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
Looking good. Are you going to be tackling the sled stops as well? A few people asked me if I was going to fit a roll pan on mine, I'm kind of liking the wide open, under the truck look :lolly: You have any plans for a pan?

Nah roll pans are for show trucks... Plus that 5 pounds or what ever a pan weighs needs to be hangin off the front ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back