Young gun's 94 build thread

Finished the twins, luckily only one small oil leak to fix on the secondary. Spool up is instant.... Well a lot more instant than the 69 or 75 as a single. :D

ra7ebuje.jpg

Busy shop!!
5udevu8a.jpg

Thanks Brandon. The truck sure has come a long way. Unfortunately the p pump 6.7 and big twins are out of the plan for the next two years. school is dang expensive....

Go figure. My upgraded 5 clutch forward pack wasn't engaging the last clutch very good. I checked it over and over before it went back together, not sure what went wrong. Since I'm in a bind for time it's going back to the factory 4 clutch setup.

It might have been slipping a little.... LOL

nanury5e.jpg

Luckily I have all the clutches/ steels minus the bottom beveled plate. Should be good as new in a few days. Only the forward pack was destroyed.

While It's out I'm going to build the VB for first gear lockup and setup a full throttle lockup switch for when I have the means to race it again. That should really break some crap :)

I'm probably just going to race. Not expecting to hit lower than 13's really. I've dialed the fuel way back from my 5x.022's to some tame 5x.011's

after looking on their site, they don't have the drags up there so maybe they aren't doing them this year since last year was a poor turnout? I didn't know til I just looked. That kinda sucks cuz I wanted to race this year

Go figure. My upgraded 5 clutch forward pack wasn't engaging the last clutch very good. I checked it over and over before it went back together, not sure what went wrong. Since I'm in a bind for time it's going back to the factory 4 clutch setup.

It might have been slipping a little.... LOL

No reason to stuff 5 in there. You will be fine with 4 and good line pressure(170+). Curious what clutches your using?

No reason to stuff 5 in there. You will be fine with 4 and good line pressure(170+). Curious what clutches your using?

Raybesto's. Not too interested in the high dollar thin steels and frictions. It's nice to have a pile of clutches/ steels I can throw in and refresh the transmission without having to spend a lot of money. And just about every transmission shop will have the factory clutches/ steels hanging around.

Raybesto's. Not too interested in the high dollar thin steels and frictions. It's nice to have a pile of clutches/ steels I can throw in and refresh the transmission without having to spend a lot of money. And just about every transmission shop will have the factory clutches/ steels hanging around.

Just wondering, I use raybestos and Borg clutches in all the ones I do as well. 4 of the high energy smooth raybestos clutches seem to be holding fine in my truck at ~170 psi of line pressure.

What horsepower? I've been stuck at 145psi for a long time. But that's held 650 pretty handiy. No hot spots on the steels after a year of beating on it. Going to the 5 clutch pack is when I starte having issues

I'm around 725hp right now. I was at 140psi line pres. For a long time as well, but just recently changed pumps and springs to get the higher pressure. 140psi did surprisingly well

after looking on their site, they don't have the drags up there so maybe they aren't doing them this year since last year was a poor turnout? I didn't know til I just looked. That kinda sucks cuz I wanted to race this year

I was under the impression they were still doing drag races. Hmm, maybe not.

talked to my buddy that works at edge, he confirmed that they will NOT be running drags at WOE this year

Now that's a sight to see. Although im Going to drop the pan and back it off some. In third unlocked it will jump to 280psi, the needle was still moving fast when I let off and this sucker just about made 300psi. Needless to say the pump is pretty healthy LOL

u5eba3y4.jpg

Mine runs bout 250-260. But 300 is a little much. Surprised the bellview spring didn't collapse. I put a billet spring and bell view retainer in mine to compensate for higher line pressure but never got the courage to run more than the 250-260.

Back