Timing versus HP comparison.

Pumps going to be on the stand next week. Sending my modded afc, plate, and a couple sets of delivery valves to check flow with. Once he's done with that, I'll send the pump I already have in to see if there is an issue with it and compare flow numbers with one of the DV sets. Should answer all my fuel questions and give me the last bit of pump and dv data I need for my notes.
That will be some great info. Please keep us posted.

Got the truck on the dyno today. Did not get to run it at full fuel but it exceded my expectations. The larger injector/higher output pump combo seemed to be a good match. I think Chris was afraid he might break something if he went further with the plate. I appreciate his self control. Many thanks to Kevin at Northeast Diesel Service. He knows how to supply fuel.

Last edited:
I called this morning to get some particulars. Best run was 1057. Second best run was 1043. Several others runs over 1k so I guess it's official. Best number at around 19mm of rack travel. 024dv's, 26 deg timing, 40 psi from primary and 70-72psi total boost. If I had remembered to send them i could have sent the SDX style dv's to try. They flow 50cc more than the 024's across the board. Not sure it would make more though.

Last edited:
Did the power extend farther into the rpm band like you were looking for?

Edit: Congrats on breaking 1k!

I called this morning to get some particulars. Best run was 1057. Second best run was 1043. Several others runs over 1k so I guess it's official. Best number at around 19mm of rack travel. 024dv's, 26 deg timing, 40 psi from primary and 70-72psi total boost. If I had remembered to send them i could have sent the SDX style dv's to try. They flow 50cc more than the 024's across the board. Not sure it would make more though.
Sweet numbers Ron! What injectors?

7 x .013 Exergy nozzles at 285 bar. Gt55R/1.0 primary with gt4094R/.95 secondary. 50mm JGS gates on both. 13mm pump w/ modified cam profile, full afc and fuel plate. I'll know more tomorrow when i pick up the truck and can look at the dyno sheet to see where it is dropping off.

RonA

Last edited:
Congrats, I know it has been a long and expensive road to get here.

Last edited:
Back