New 12v owner

cyclegrip

Traded my 06 powerstroke for a 96 eclb 2500
Has ddp 90hp injectors no fuel plate a valair dd clutch and 01 axles with 4.10s
Revtek 6" lift with 37" nitto all terrains
It had a blown tranny and a blown hg and a giant like 10" stack that is coming off as well as bringing it down to maybe a 2-4" lift
Just got a tranny and head and bolts

Here's what I plan on doing and would like some input
bw 63/68/.91
4k gsk and 60# valve springs
Retorque head bolts and cummins gasket set
Mild port and polish
16-18* timing?
maybe some dvs down the road to get it to spool sooner?

Anything else you guys can suggest I'm all open ears cause I'm new to cummins
I do have a Mercedes diesel right now too :p

The truck has some cancer too but I have replacement rockers and doors and am gonna paint it john deere medium gloss black

ae3b5705-defa-f88a.jpg

Sent from my go go gadget phone

This is a tow rig for my ranger
specs on the ranger if anyone cares
01 ranger 4.0L auto
behemoth drivetrain strong box final crawl ratio 86:1
79 hp d60 detriot 5.38's yukon chromos and superjoints
sterling 10.25 rear welded 5.38's
42" iroks on 16" diy beadlocks

it crawls

If your looking at doing some DVs id run the DDP .024s in my truck and they run great. Ive heard they deliver little bit more fuel than 191's with less heat/smoke.

John Deere tractor paint all rust fixed a decent start I think

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342381278787.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342381278787.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1342381287575.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342381287575.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 0
Damn that paint looks good. You do it yourself? How did you spray it?

Dont forget the KDP, mine killed me.

NV4500?

I actually made the bumper for my f150 Crawler then sold it to him when I scrapped the truck haha I just can't get away from it
I sprayed it with a harbor freight hvlp gun
And it is an nv4500

I would go with a 62/65/12 for towing. It will spool fast and you keep your stock t-3 manifold. You do not need a 4k gsk for towing. you will hate it. 3k is all you need.
Never reuse head bolts. Get a stud kit, and do it right.

I would go with a 62/65/12 for towing. It will spool fast and you keep your stock t-3 manifold. You do not need a 4k gsk for towing. you will hate it. 3k is all you need.
Never reuse head bolts. Get a stud kit, and do it right.

How often do you tow with a 12v and a 62/65/12. I never liked it much....that 62 wheel takes too many R's to move enough air to keep ahead of EGT's.

Also, after running a set of 5K's and seeing how smooth they are, I'd run those in every truck, and just not use the extra RPM. It's all opinion. Saying he'd HATE 4K's is kinda dumb without a reason;)

Also, you can re-use head bolts. Cummins sends a nice bolt measuring gauge with every head gasket kit. As long as they're withing spec, you can re-use them. And depending on what you want to do with the truck, stock bolts are more than adequate.

I have towed anywhere from an empty 4500lb trailer, to a loaded 35' GN grossing up to 40K lbs total weight. I can tell you that if there are any hills there, that on a 400hp 12v I was MUCH happier with a 58ET/65/14 than I EVER was with a 62/65/12. The EGT stayed more under control, it was easier to drive, and the truck was an absolute torque monster. With twins (HX40/B2) the truck did 402/890...with the 58ET/65/14 it did 378/998. and it "felt" stronger after I fixed a leaky intercooler, but I never made it back to the dyno.

12v's like fast spoolup. They aren't CR's or even VP trucks that can adjust timing as needed, so you have to tune them for an average driving condition, then deal with it. Nothing worse than having to back out of it on a hill because you can't control the heat.

Chris

How often do you tow with a 12v and a 62/65/12. I never liked it much....that 62 wheel takes too many R's to move enough air to keep ahead of EGT's.

Also, after running a set of 5K's and seeing how smooth they are, I'd run those in every truck, and just not use the extra RPM. It's all opinion. Saying he'd HATE 4K's is kinda dumb without a reason;)

Also, you can re-use head bolts. Cummins sends a nice bolt measuring gauge with every head gasket kit. As long as they're withing spec, you can re-use them. And depending on what you want to do with the truck, stock bolts are more than adequate.

I have towed anywhere from an empty 4500lb trailer, to a loaded 35' GN grossing up to 40K lbs total weight. I can tell you that if there are any hills there, that on a 400hp 12v I was MUCH happier with a 58ET/65/14 than I EVER was with a 62/65/12. The EGT stayed more under control, it was easier to drive, and the truck was an absolute torque monster. With twins (HX40/B2) the truck did 402/890...with the 58ET/65/14 it did 378/998. and it "felt" stronger after I fixed a leaky intercooler, but I never made it back to the dyno.

12v's like fast spoolup. They aren't CR's or even VP trucks that can adjust timing as needed, so you have to tune them for an average driving condition, then deal with it. Nothing worse than having to back out of it on a hill because you can't control the heat.

Chris

What injector are you running? ^^^ and timing? Still a stock head gasket?

Thanks!

What injector are you running? ^^^ and timing? Still a stock head gasket?

Thanks!

DDP3's reset to 300bar, 17* timing. I don't know how, but the HG was still holding.

I have since sold the truck to a customer of mine, but he's not doing a thing do it he likes the way it runs so well.

Chris

DDP3's reset to 300bar, 17* timing. I don't know how, but the HG was still holding.

I have since sold the truck to a customer of mine, but he's not doing a thing do it he likes the way it runs so well.

Chris

Mmm. I have DDP 2s 260bar there new, 15.5* plan to bump up 17-18* and run a II 62/65/12 that i have waiting.

Back