Help cutting front coils

Got some 285 coopers put on today. Looks like the back is definitely going to need lifting back up. I’m running a 1” block and I think a 2.5” or 3” will work perfect. That should also help with the driveline vibes. Close to a $100 mistake on my guesstimating there, but hopefully this thread will be thorough enough to help someone else avoid that.

Attachments

• 73A8AC3D-AEF7-446C-A1A7-06B10DDDA299.jpg
    73A8AC3D-AEF7-446C-A1A7-06B10DDDA299.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 0
I have 2 longest. Just pulled measurement. Exactly 1” lower in rear.

It’s wild to me how every website lists blocks for these year trucks with wrong center pin size. Sure it can work ok but not doing that I personally

AE899B7A-3E33-4E20-802A-3DB91ADB6F22.jpgI just reverse leveled my truck and had hell finding blocks the right width & center pin. Ended up getting 2” ford blocks and I had to grind a little on the pin to get it to seat to my liking

Last edited:
View attachment 76539I just reverse leveled my truck and had hell finding blocks the right width & center pin. Ended up getting 2” ford blocks and I had to grind a little on the pin to get it to seat to my liking

Happen to know the year? I’ve had hell finding info on what years are what size with those blocks as well. I guess I’ve been spoiled in the off-road and LSx world. Never really had to search this hard for simple info haha

That’s a good looking truck by the way

I am at work right now I will get the part #’s when I get home. My friend bought PMF blocks I just sent him a text to how big their pins are. I bought them straight from ford I wanna say they were from mid 2000’s to when aluminum super duty’s started. And thanks! It’s ugly and in the process of being converted to a single wheel currently. But, I just hit 100K on her

Dang low mileage.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

PMf the ones with the holes for u bolts that are fabricated? Looked at them and found right size I believe but they are pretty high dollar and had a lead time I think.

Yes around 150$. My friend had them within a week and that’s with shipping from Arizona to Indiana

Fuckin nutty how hard it is to find blocks. Literally every single part listed for a 2nd gen 3/4 ton is not for a 2nd gen 3/4 ton. I can’t imagine how many people out there are running 9/16 center pin blocks that are 2.5” wide.

Looks like I’m going to buy another 1” block and stack it. Been searching the web for days now. The few blocks I’ve found that are proper for this truck are tapered.

Fuckin nutty how hard it is to find blocks. Literally every single part listed for a 2nd gen 3/4 ton is not for a 2nd gen 3/4 ton. I can’t imagine how many people out there are running 9/16 center pin blocks that are 2.5” wide.

Looks like I’m going to buy another 1” block and stack it. Been searching the web for days now. The few blocks I’ve found that are proper for this truck are tapered.
Make a set?

That’s what I’m analyzing right now. Got the factory blocks and a band saw. Might be able to figure it out.

Leveled it out today with blocks and longer u bolts.

1 coil cut up front. 2” blocks in the rear with the two longest leaves remaining.

285/70-17 tires

Dead level all around. 39” from ground to fender.

Attachments

• F2724130-02F5-4997-8006-42513ED5B546.jpg
    F2724130-02F5-4997-8006-42513ED5B546.jpg
    545.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 21044D9B-1117-4EA0-BB6C-203BB5903D5B.jpg
    21044D9B-1117-4EA0-BB6C-203BB5903D5B.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Jeff.

Driveshaft still doing crazy shit. At this point i would bet money it’s balance is off, but I’ve yet to swap a known good one in. Been a busy week.

I’m probably going to be switching shocks in the future. I think some shorter shocks that are in the middle of the stroke at ride height will be better all around.

Back