WANTED: EFILive 06-07 5.9L ECM reads

EFI Support

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Just a quick update for you all, we have finished Mapping the 5.9L operating systems we've received, but we think that there are more out there. To offer as complete support as possible, we are seeking ECM reads from 06-07 5.9L vehicles.

Reading the ECM doesn't use a license, so if you are a Duramax Customer and have a buddy or neighbour with a Cummins, we'd really appreciate the read files.

There are also a number of Cummins Customers who have pre-purchased their FlashScan in anticipation of our release, and we'd also like to gather files from your trucks. There would be nothing worse in pre-purchasing to find out that we don't yet support your OS and you'll have to wait another week or 2 for us to map support.

If you are able to assist us you will need to download and install our Feb 2nd pre-release software, available here January 31st 2011 pre-release (Updated Feb 03, 2011). The downloads are located in the first post.

Once you've read your file please save it and email it to me cindy at efilive dot com. Although you've read and saved the file, you will not be able to view it with your software, at this point that process is still restricted to beta.

Thanks again

Cheers
Cindy

Once you've read your file please save it and email it to me cindy at efilive dot com. Although you've read and saved the file, you will not be able to view it with your software, at this point that process is still restricted to beta.

Thanks again

Cheers
Cindy

Just responded to your post in the FAQ's...I was hopeful that i could read and see PCM Cal info....I'll be sending in my PCM file tomorrow evening.

Anything I can do to help further on the process...I'm here.

Thanks
Les

So I can read PCM Calibration and save the file, but am unable to look at the maps in the V7.5 software??

What controller do I select in the drop down menu on the read PCM Cal window??

I'll be reading my PCM Cal tomorrow afternoon...what email address do I send it to??

I know you posted in the other thread, but I thought your answer was better suited here.

The setup for Cummins requires the read process to be done with V8 software. This is enabled in the pre-release.

View/editing tune files will be done in V7.5 software (currently in restricted beta only). Reflashing will be done with V8 software (currently in restricted beta only)

With the new V8 software we have implemented an auto detect function; so when you go to read the controller, hit auto detect and it should find it. If for some reason it doesn't simply right click over auto detect and select CM849.

Files can be emailed to me cindy at efilive dot com.

Cheers
Cindy

sounds good guys, any way to get some representation at a big event out in PA, would be sweet to see a truck roll in running tnt r and then install efi live and do before and after dyno, show just how sweet this is going to be, the event I am talking about will have hundreds of folks attending, and close to 200 dyno'ing. there will be a few trucks in the 1000 hp club. Come on, get somebody out and show us what this can do. Event is a few weeks away.

We don't want to rush something out to try to win HP wars at this stage. It's not fair on the current beta testers to expect them to tune big HP trucks without some good scantool data. Once the data logger is released in Beta things will change, that's when it will get real interesting.

Also, just a note on the read requests, as I posted in the other thread, we would prefer just stock files please, tying to map a tune that is modified far beyond the factory settings is too hard. If the truck is running a box tuner and you have the opportunity to return it to stock, please do so before reading the ECM.

Thanks,
Cindy

i'm have troubles trying to read my ecm, when i do auto detect nothing comes up. and when i go to the blackbox, it gives me an error code $0185

i'm trying at as we speak; however, my truck is programmed right now, should i send you that file any ways?

i'm trying at as we speak; however, my truck is programmed right now, should i send you that file any ways?

Our preference is for stock tunes because we can develop support from these should the operating system not be one we already support.

We can accept your modified tune and let you know if we don't already support your OS. If we don't have support for your OS we'd then ask you to revert your truck to stock and read/email your file again.

Cheers
Cindy

Our preference is for stock tunes because we can develop support from these should the operating system not be one we already support.

We can accept your modified tune and let you know if we don't already support your OS. If we don't have support for your OS we'd then ask you to revert your truck to stock and read/email your file again.

Cheers
Cindy

sent you the modified file last night

I should have a few files to send later today. I have one truck that is a late 05 build date but has the right number on the pcm for can bus. Hopefully it is supported.

Back