Material List:
Posts - 6x6 CCA treated posts (.60) set 10' oc
Trusses - Factory engineered & stamped trusses set 5' on center;
minimum 2x6 top & bottom chord
Truss Supports - 2x10 inside & outside supports
Bottom Band - 2x8 pressure treated bottom band boards
Wall Girts - 2x6 pine boards set 3' on center
Roof Purlins - 2x4 set 2' on center
Metal - 40 year warranty prime steel panel (29g); all metal meet the "Energy Star"
standards for reflectivity; all colors provided by "Valspar"
Trim Package - "rat guard", corner & gable trim
Fasteners - 1 1/2" color coded
Concrete - Standard pour 4"; 3500 psi with fiber additive
Price includes Materials, Freight, Labor and Taxes
PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Quote valid for thirty (30) days from quote date
NOTE: Customer must provide a level building site
and provide rock for the base of the slab
Thank You!

Copied from my quote PDF

4" 3500 PSI with fiber I would not want in my shop. I would want at minimum 4" 4000 PSI concrete with WWF or rebar reinforcement. But that is just me.

I have also ben getting quotes for a 40x60 here in central Illinois. Have been told 24,xxx-34xxx. Just depends on who qoutes it. That is also with out concrete but it will have radiant heat in floor just like the house does.

QTY Description Price

1- 40x60x16 Post Frame Building (3:12 roof pitch) 15900.00

1- Entrance Door 0.00

2- Overhead Door - 12x12 (insulated) 1095.00 ea 2190.00

1-Insulation Package - roof & walls (vinyl-back double bubble) 3300.00

1-Concrete - Poured & Finished (2400 ft2; includes two 12x3 aprons) 6600.00

Total
Material List:
Posts - 6x6 CCA treated posts (.60) set 10' oc
Trusses - Factory engineered & stamped trusses set 5' on center;
minimum 2x6 top & bottom chord
Truss Supports - 2x10 inside & outside supports
Bottom Band - 2x8 pressure treated bottom band boards
Wall Girts - 2x6 pine boards set 3' on center
Roof Purlins - 2x4 set 2' on center
Metal - 40 year warranty prime steel panel (29g); all metal meet the "Energy Star"
standards for reflectivity; all colors provided by "Valspar"
Trim Package - "rat guard", corner & gable trim
Fasteners - 1 1/2" color coded
Concrete - Standard pour 4"; 3500 psi with fiber additive
Price includes Materials, Freight, Labor and Taxes
PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Quote valid for thirty (30) days from quote date
NOTE: Customer must provide a level building site
and provide rock for the base of the slab
Thank You!

Copied from my quote PDF

Doesn't seem too bad of a price, what R value are they rating the insulation at?

4" 3500 PSI with fiber I would not want in my shop. I would want at minimum 4" 4000 PSI concrete with WWF or rebar reinforcement. But that is just me.

What are you putting in there? I only have 5" in my big shop.

Of course thanks to a bit of a mix up the new BIG shop will have 8"
Chris

What are you putting in there? I only have 5" in my big shop.

Of course thanks to a bit of a mix up the new BIG shop will have 8"
Chris

Just the higher test the concrete is and more rebar will help resist large cracks that much more.

I just personally have a vendetta against the fiber reinforcement, and anything under 4k PSI I will not pour in anything I own. For the small added cost while doing it, I would not hesitate to upgrade. My cousins new shop has 6", rebar and wire double mat with 5000 PSI concrete, but he backs fully loaded grain trailers in there so they do not get wet overnight or if it is raining. Look at what you are going to put in there, think down the road also, no matter what you do you will be wanting more in the future, just try not to have to demo anything, that is what gets expensive.

I just personally have a vendetta against the fiber reinforcement, and anything under 4k PSI I will not pour in anything I own. For the small added cost while doing it, I would not hesitate to upgrade. My cousins new shop has 6", rebar and wire double mat with 5000 PSI concrete, but he backs fully loaded grain trailers in there so they do not get wet overnight or if it is raining. Look at what you are going to put in there, think down the road also, no matter what you do you will be wanting more in the future, just try not to have to demo anything, that is what gets expensive.

Good advice. I have a buddy that does concrete work. might get him to quote that for me.

Doesn't seem too bad of a price, what R value are they rating the insulation at?

Ill have to call and find out that one.

Having someone that knows you and knows concrete will definitely help out in that respect. Also, R10 is nothing, you may want to try and up that.

Having someone that knows you and knows concrete will definitely help out in that respect. Also, R10 is nothing, you may want to try and up that.

Whats a good rating to got with??? Im a dummy when it comes to this stuff..lol

Thats why I ask.. :poke:

Plus they throw in a "reflective" value on that insulation. I would say r-19 walls min, and then r-30 or more in the ceiling. If you plan to spend lots of time in it, and plan to own it a long time. The extra insulation will be a good investment.

Plus they throw in a "reflective" value on that insulation. I would say r-19 walls min, and then r-30 or more in the ceiling. If you plan to spend lots of time in it, and plan to own it a long time. The extra insulation will be a good investment.

Yup 19 minimum on the walls, 30 on the ceiling. Having a pole barn style you would be able to do 30 on the walls and ceiling easily. The cost now will save you tons in the future.

I'm thinking of doing 1in. of spray foam insulation at first just to make it air tight and strong structure, then add extra insulation bats later. Quite a few people in this area doing it.

Got a Ball park from Morton Bldgs today... Same size,4" 4500psi concrete, R19 for the walls and R30 for the ceiling .. Steel free span.. 65-75K... Shew..... Glad i was sitting down lol

I want to do almost this same thing. I would like to build a 40x60x16 for the shop and build a 30x30 apartment on one end. A buddy of mine did like you are wanting to do and build an apartment upstairs on one end. He has a living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom upstairs. Laundry room downstairs with another bathroom and closet. Its nothing extremely nice but itll keep you dry and warm when you need it. Overall shop dim. 40x80x18. I don't know for sure on the living area but I would guess it to be 40x30. I think the concrete is 5 inches thick. He has about $20k in his. Hope this helps.

Back