motor hick-ups???

number9t

i started to have a problem with my truck last night when i was driving home from work. the truck would just hick-up about once every 5 minutes. there wasn't anything that was out of the normal when it started to happen. I turned my chip off, and it still happened. after about the third time, my service engine soon light came on. i tried to see if i could get the code when i got home, but i just have a generic reader. i bought a superchips reader/programmer off ebay last night. would this one be able to read the stored code? And has anyone else had this problem with their truck? i also replaced the cps about 500miles ago. thanks in advance

I am having the same problem with mine and I get the P0344 which is cam shaft posisiton sensor intermitant But I dunno.....

did you replace the CPS with the new grey one?

If so I would try and find a black one and replace it. DP tuner sales the black CPS.

the cps that i replaced it with is a black one, it think its a motorcraft, not to sure though. still waiting on the superchips scanner, hopefully it will tell me more

That sounds like what happened the first time I lost a CPS--it would "hic" every few minutes but then restart. Fortunately I had a spare so when it failed completely it was no biggie to repair.

there is a recall on the cam sensor. Mine started those symptoms and after a few days it was running on 7 cyl. The intermitent cam sensor code turned out to be the clips that hold the harness plug in on the inj harness under the rocker cover. $20.00 parts & $400.00 labor and good as new. If your lucky it will be the recalled sensor

It's your windshield wipers... I still haven't figured it out... It's pretty common. Sometimes the truck will outright die... It's NOT a cool thing... Especially if you're trying to stop... If you use the highest and second highest setting, it will stop. Until then, it's off or full blast... Has it done it since it stopped raining?

Changing chip position fixes it? Weren't there a bunch of switches that were going bad? Why not yank the chip?

I don't know if it's the chip... I've had it w/ and w/o the chip. It's def the wipers on mine... check it out...

There was an issue on the 6.0L where the wipers would screw with it cause of a chaffed harness near the brake pedal.

ya, thats wierd, hasn't done it since then, it just get really paranoid about it. i'll try it again with my wipers on tomorrow, i was going to pull the valve covers just to check the UVC harness, but if its the wipers, thats going to get really annoying this winter. I haven't pulled the chip out, but when it did it the first time, i turned the chip off, and it still did it a couple of times. does anybody know where a complete wiring diagram is on the net, one that would show everything that is in the pcm and all that good stuff

The last time I went to a Ford dealer they told me that there was a recall on the wiper motor but they never replaced mine and they said thatmine looked fone although I did tell them that once the wiper motor warms up the wipers slow down.

That was from the plastic cover on the wiper motor not having silicone over a few contacts. It would over heat and melt the harness. Replacing them on superduty's sucked. Windstars were so easy. Those were the days.

Yeah... it's the wipers... next time you get a chance... put them on intermittant.. wait for the hiccup... then put it on high... it won't do it again...
Jeret

Back