motor hick-ups???

sweet, i just got back into town and i got a little road trip to do so i will try it, i tried to buy a superchips scanner off of ebay, but the guy still hasn't sent it, i think that i got screwed on that so if i can find another one i will see if i can get the code that it throws, thanks for all the help so far.

tried it out today, and just like clock work, at every 3rd time that the wipers came on, it would do it. turned the wipers on high and no more problem. i'm wondering if its like an insulation capacitance issue. i know that when i was on the boat, we would have a problem with some of the sensors that had the wires run through the bulkheads in a bundle with other wires, they would cause the meters to jump all over the place. don't know, but at least i know that something major isn't wrong with the motor.

I have heard of something similar. One of the cummins I owned had an issue with staying in OD. Common issue, everyone thought it was electrical interference. I couldn't prove that theory as I just installed a lockup switch. But the theory isn't impossible by any means in my situation or this one.

ya my truck is doing the same thing. i thought it was the switch but if its the motor or related items than thats a lil better.

I don't know if it's the chip... I've had it w/ and w/o the chip. It's def the wipers on mine... check it out...

Ok, never mind, got it. Anytime i had trouble like this it was the CPS never had the wiper problem. Ford replaced my CPS on the 97 with the recall. The 95 is acting up now but the recall does not incled 95 models as they tole me.

Back