Lavon goes 7.99 @ 176mph

The only way for him to legally go faster is to drop to 3600lbs and fall into 25.5. This chassis will likely be limited to 7.99et unless it is completely cut apart and redone in 1 3/4" or 2" tubing. I'm not sure if Lavon has contacted SFI yet or not, but I've sent another email hoping to get the ball rolling all over again with 25.7. Truthfully keeping 1 5/8" bars for 25.6 was pulling teeth and took many many revisions and compromises to make happen. And it was still against the committee's better judgment.

We still have 400lbs to lose and we'll probably be ordering 9" axles soon, its just a hard pill to swallow spending $10k to lose 400lbs when its already going fast, but I know 400lbs is good for at least a tenth or two which we need to get to our 5.0 chassis cert in the 1/8th.

The Pro Street class is already losing some members to drop to Pro Mod, so I don't see any real reason to push the #4500 trucks into a faster certification, if we want to go faster, we need to build something sub 3600lbs.

Lavon

We still have 400lbs to lose and we'll probably be ordering 9" axles soon, its just a hard pill to swallow spending $10k to lose 400lbs when its already going fast, but I know 400lbs is good for at least a tenth or two which we need to get to our 5.0 chassis cert in the 1/8th.

The Pro Street class is already losing some members to drop to Pro Mod, so I don't see any real reason to push the #4500 trucks into a faster certification, if we want to go faster, we need to build something sub 3600lbs.

Lavon

I honestly don't know what happens to the class in the future outside of an index if the current trends continue.

Congrats to Lavon and the rest of the Firepunk crew! You all definitely have it together!

On lightening it up by using 9" axles and such.... Will those take the same abuse repetitively or become like a 2.6 truck before they allowed open drive line? I realize it would have the best of the best parts in it. But is anyone out there running them at 4500lbs plus with your kind of power? Either way, the truck is flat out bad azz!

Congrats to Lavon and the rest of the Firepunk crew! You all definitely have it together!

On lightening it up by using 9" axles and such.... Will those take the same abuse repetitively or become like a 2.6 truck before they allowed open drive line? I realize it would have the best of the best parts in it. But is anyone out there running them at 4500lbs plus with your kind of power? Either way, the truck is flat out bad azz!
The axles won't be an issue at all. Plenty more power is put through them with there only being one, and with two of them sharing the load they'll live long, happy lives.

Why lower the minimum weight when he's not at the current minimum?

Lower the minimum wieght because his SFI 25.6 cage is only certified to 7.99. The only way he can run faster under current SFI Chassis specs is to get the truck down to 3600 lbs, but the Pro Street class minimum is 4500 lbs. So it is either SFI writes up a new chassis spec to allow 5000 lbs to go faster than 7.99 (which they just came out with 25.6 last year) or the sanctioning bodies allow the trucks to get lighter to fall under a different current SFI chassis spec. Getting lighter is the better option for safety.

Last edited:
Back