Lavon goes 7.99 @ 176mph

Very Impressive, FirePunk got the MPH record, Jackson has the ET record at 8.163. Firepiunk got beat by Jackson in the final on a hole shot, and missed the ET record by 4/1000's running a 8.12 to Jackson's 8.14. Great racing, great track prep as well.

Very Impressive, FirePunk got the MPH record, Jackson has the ET record at 8.163. Firepiunk got beat by Jackson in the final on a hole shot, and missed the ET record by 4/1000's running a 8.12 to Jackson's 8.14. Great racing, great track prep as well.

I believe this is incorrect, our 7.99@174 pass backed up our 8.12@173.38 pass giving us the ET and mph record. It was a great weekend!

Lavon

I believe this is incorrect, our 7.99@174 pass backed up our 8.12@173.38 pass giving us the ET and mph record. It was a great weekend!

Lavon

Sorry Lavon I think you are correct, I was going by what the announcer said. Didn't do the math myself.

For God's sake....I tried NOT to listen to the announcer...he's a retard. He was too busy talking about carrots and sticks to do any form of math. :hehe:

My gosh. I should have taken your word for it and turned the volume down. Started my Monday killing brain cells listening to that tard.

My gosh. I should have taken your word for it and turned the volume down. Started my Monday killing brain cells listening to that tard.

You ain't heard nothing yet......I mean, I thought he might propose to DJ after his run. Then he went on his "giggity giggity" rant and we all about died. If you listen close, you can hear TravisG, Amish, and Max in the front row behind me lose it. I think we all bruised our ribs laughing.

Dustin Jackson. 5-20-2017 - YouTube

Last edited:
A few pics of the punk truck and crew.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Track inspectors. LOL

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 0
Yes the announcer is something. He really doesn't know much about drag racing, earlier this year he said if the guy would have had a better reaction time he would have been right on his dial. There were a bunch of other things he messed up as well, he actually getting better. I liked BIG DON when he announced, but they all get old with their little pet sayings. I was on his butt so much on Diesel TV they wanted to know if I would like to announce. He has had a man crush on Scott Mckistry. That really got old, at least he toned that down this time.

Heard him say in Ennis something like " the more smoke that you see coming out of the pipes, means the more gas you can give it "... Some people shouldn't be allowed to talk, let alone announce.

Congrats Lavon! Awesome pass and amazing how well you have the suspension working.

The only way it makes sense to go from here is for NHRDA, ODSS, and other sanctioning bodies to let Pro Street go lighter. SFI just came out with the 25.6 less than a year ago and it is already pushed to it's limit. That kind of weight moving that fast just doesn't make sense from a safety standpoint. I would rather see guys allowed to get lighter and go faster than have the class limited to 1000' or 1/8 mile.

Back