Lavon goes 7.99 @ 176mph

Pudge

Just saw on FB, Drew from D&J shared the video so there's bound to be some truth. Firepunk moving on out, congrats fellas

I just watched the starting line video on FB. That truck is impressive.
Congrats to the firepunk crew on the 7 sec pass.

Congrats Firepunks!
eb373b9749ef279706135af28b48cd82.jpg

Badass! Congrats!

How about that 8.50 cert? Or did he already have a chassis certed for faster and/or quicker?

Last edited:
Chassis to 7.99 if i understood correctly. Will need more now.

Imho, almost 5000 lbs at that speed is a lot of bad things waiting to happen... May be time to lax the weight limitations for safety concerns

Wow! Very impressive accomplishment! Hat's off to Lavon and crew.

Chassis to 7.99 if i understood correctly. Will need more now.

Imho, almost 5000 lbs at that speed is a lot of bad things waiting to happen... May be time to lax the weight limitations for safety concerns

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see where things go from here. The only way, IMHO, to drop weight for this platform is an aluminum block, aluminum head, Ford 8.8 in the rear and a half ton front axle. But that'll probably only shave 500 pounds off...

Wow! Very impressive accomplishment! Hat's off to Lavon and crew.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see where things go from here. The only way, IMHO, to drop weight for this platform is an aluminum block, aluminum head, Ford 8.8 in the rear and a half ton front axle. But that'll probably only shave 500 pounds off...

That's not the case at all. Truck has a steal cab, easy switch to glass. Can go to a smaller all time 4wd tcase. Removed stock frame under cab and go full tube chassis. Fab 9 axles front and rear. Aluminum block. Ect. Still a lot of Weight on the table. Truck still has factory frame horns with weight box provisions.
It's going to be a very interesting year to say the least and I bet you see that final match up more then a few times this year

Back