Need to Upgrade Diffs

00 black ram

Cummin's Enthusiast
I have searched on here and found info for trucks with 4.10's, but not 3.55's. I have a 2000 6spd with a D80 rear and 60 front, both are open. I want to know what some of you have tried and works. I had seen where one guy said he used a Detroit Locker for 4.10's, just drilled the holes out to except the 3.55's ring gear bolts. But when I talked to a tech at Randy's Ring and Pinion he said that there was no difference in the bolts, it is the deck height that the ring gear sets on. I would appreciate any info that you guys have.

Pretty sure the drilling out the locker u are referring to is when u use a dana 70 hd locker in a dana 80. U can drill out the bolt holes to accept the larger ring gear bolts of the 80 and the locker will work for the bigger axle.

What's the difference in the ring and pinions? What would keep a locker for one from working on the other? I really like my 3.55's, so I don't want to really let them go.

I run a lock right in my front dana 60 and love it! Many others have run them in their front D60s with great success as well. They seem to be much better suited for our larger axles vs. tiny jeep axles you hear them having problems in.

Can't comment on how the lockright would do in the rear however given it's under much less stress in the front only used 10-50% of the time max.

Understand you will lose some mileage with the addition of one in the front without locking hubs.

Back