Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Hmmmmm
d71398878a4a79bfd825c9c66cc75afe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

What ive heard about fitzgerald is the trucks themselves are pretty much freightliner. They get a box with every bolt nut and zip tie. You wont find much difference there.

But they cut so many corners with the engines. Offshore parts, dont rebuild them correctly etc. I heard one guy bought 10 trucks not a single engine lasted 200,000 miles. Thats exactly why youre buying a glider FFS!

Buddy just bought a 97 t600. It has what appear to be single fiberglass front leaf springs. Has anybody ever seen that setup before?

After a few you even learn to check to see if Peterbilt even bolts the cross members in.

It must be an option because the 2 from Findlay weren’t bolted or drilled but the rest from Cincinnati were.

What ive heard about fitzgerald is the trucks themselves are pretty much freightliner. They get a box with every bolt nut and zip tie. You wont find much difference there.

But they cut so many corners with the engines. Offshore parts, dont rebuild them correctly etc. I heard one guy bought 10 trucks not a single engine lasted 200,000 miles. Thats exactly why youre buying a glider FFS!

McBee overhaul kits, they took some DDECII blocks and drilled them for piston coolers that didn’t work. Had some that used that j1939 conversion box that allows you to use the older DDEC3/N14/40pin cat ecm’s with the newer dash that had fan issues no one could fix. Now the ones with the Detroit remain engines are good as far as I’ve heard. They started paying more for core engines again. Friend sells them truckloads and for a while they didn’t pay crap.

I did a couple gliders. One cummins, one cat. They took some time, bur they were full bulids. I considered them better than factory finish as i took the time to do things like runn all the wired and hoses cleaner, made all braided grease lines, painted and powfercoated everything ect ect. Thats what takes the time. I saw one that Cleveland brothers did, i wasnt impressed. Especially when theengine(6NZ) had to be replaced in the first 6 months from acrank failure

Maybe, idk they are not steel. I must be more ignorant than I thought, I just assumed every leaf spring on a truck was steel. Do the hold up well?

It must be an option because the 2 from Findlay weren’t bolted or drilled but the rest from Cincinnati were.

McBee overhaul kits, they took some DDECII blocks and drilled them for piston coolers that didn’t work. Had some that used that j1939 conversion box that allows you to use the older DDEC3/N14/40pin cat ecm’s with the newer dash that had fan issues no one could fix. Now the ones with the Detroit remain engines are good as far as I’ve heard. They started paying more for core engines again. Friend sells them truckloads and for a while they didn’t pay crap.

I remember hearing that MHC was trying to get every truck out of the Chillicothe plant to come to their dealership to be prepped for sale, most coming out of the factory would not pass an inspection

Maybe, idk they are not steel. I must be more ignorant than I thought, I just assumed every leaf spring on a truck was steel. Do the hold up well?

I'm right there with you! I'm not a "trucker" but i've never heard of anything but steel leaves. I'll have to fire up the google machine and do some searching for some pictures.

I remember hearing that MHC was trying to get every truck out of the Chillicothe plant to come to their dealership to be prepped for sale, most coming out of the factory would not pass an inspection

IH up here is worse. Guy that works at the Service center at the factory said out of like 100 trucks off the line, 10 drove off under their own power. Of course most was stupid chit like the morons on the line weren’t smart enough to pre-fill a fuel filter to get one started. Just crank until the batteries are dead or starter is smoked and push it out the door.

IH up here is worse. Guy that works at the Service center at the factory said out of like 100 trucks off the line, 10 drove off under their own power. Of course most was stupid chit like the morons on the line weren’t smart enough to pre-fill a fuel filter to get one started. Just crank until the batteries are dead or starter is smoked and push it out the door.

I've heard the same thing...lot out back full of trucks until they have time to diagnose and repair to actually make them run and drive.

Chris

Somewhere there’s a sad Kevin Rutherford fan boy that can’t figure out why he lost 1mpg. And while I feel sad for his loss I’ve recently acquired these bad mf’ers.
c81acde0dbdffefbda91a57b924ba85f.jpg

Now I’ll let them go to either the highest bidder, or whoever leaves their truck unattended near mine long enough for me to snap them on. I bet they would look awesome on a red 379 that pulls a hopper. Either way I’ve gotta get them out of my trailer. Afraid my BSFC’s will start running my tanks over.

Can they be paint matched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well they’re the highest quality canvas china has to offer so I’m sure as long as you use a good lead paint you’ll be good. But at the end of the day the fact that these are guaranteed to gain you between 0-200mpg the color doesn’t matter.

I would keep them but I have 24.5’s on the truck and the trailer has 4 axles. So I’m afraid if I put all 4 on one side the trailer it will pull really bad because of the decreased drag on that side. Or it will make one fuel tank run over? Hell I don’t know about this secret voodoo BSFC magic

I would keep them for my new single axle 1000hp Volvo I’m importing from Finland but then I’ll still have 2 covers left. I doubt I could keep them on a Volvo with all those horsepowers anyway. I’ve heard leiffi’s truck can run daylight to dark in 4hrs.

Got a 3zj36500 comin in for an overhaul. What would it take to get 500hp out of it? Is there a sreel top piston option for it?
Thanks

Back