Car built to SFI 25.2A Chassis Specification (PIC HEAVY)

Thanks for all the kind words! Of course I would love to drive it for the finals, but would also support letting their driver in!

They will need 6 licensing passes, and for this level of license (7.50 & slower) all can be done at an 1/8-mile track, but unfortunately Northstar is an IHRA track and NHRA won't recognize the passes there. However, a more roundabout path could be used, obtaining an IHRA license then applying to NHRA for a "crossover" license.

I totally agree on all points. Michael can drive the heck out of anything. I'd be open to allowing them in the competition with their own driver. No way they could of qualified, and it is the "world" finals.

Maybe take a poll of the pro stock entries. I'd like to see a majority vote, or at the least an open vote so everyone knows who voted which way.

I formally place team Tai as a write in!

This is awesome!

How many licensing passes do they need?
they are making 1/8th mile hits thursday, I donst see one issue withthem getting their lic passes done friday, qualify saturday and kill right after that!
But like you said, take it up with the other prostock drivers, I doubt anyone but "that guy"will have an issue with it.

Thanks for all the kind words! Of course I would love to drive it for the finals, but would also support letting their driver in!

They will need 6 licensing passes, and for this level of license (7.50 & slower) all can be done at an 1/8-mile track, but unfortunately Northstar is an IHRA track and NHRA won't recognize the passes there. However, a more roundabout path could be used, obtaining an IHRA license then applying to NHRA for a "crossover" license.

As mentioned yes they need 6 passes. I will be calling JJ later today to discuss any possibilities of making passes at the IHRA track but I dont think it'll work out.

I'd like to see them able to make all 6 on Friday so Saturday can be nothing but full power passes! :nos: :tree::charger::cheer:

Michael I have to thank you for all of your assistance and support through out this entire ordeal!!! Cannot wait to shake your hand in appreciation!

Hopefully all can understand any hesitancy they might have of passing over the steering wheel, not for a lack of ability but they nation's pride and I'm sure nervousness about the 5 week old car

I imagine ennis is having test n tune Friday night. Should be able to get 6 passes in.

A vote would be cool but you know wade will be a dick about it. Especially if they pose a threat.

Who cares if he's a dick about it once he loses. Make it public so everyone knows where everyone stands...

I say anyone who spends that kind of time, effort and money to come to america. Should get a pass on the qualifying. Its gonna do nothing but help the diesel industry and diesel racing. Any one here that races knows they arent guaranteed a win, just cause they have made fast passes. Anything can happen. I say let em run and see how it ends up.

Hopefully all can understand any hesitancy they might have of passing over the steering wheel, not for a lack of ability but they nation's pride and I'm sure nervousness about the 5 week old car

The steering wheel is detachable. I don't think they will be worried about giving that to Michael. The rest of the truck...... not so much!

He's still pissed because he didn't get the window seat on the way here. And they cut him off after 6 drinks.

I would be pissed too!

Update!

Ran 5.5 1/8 mile @122mph fuel only

This was on the second motor as the first developed a cracked piston on the first pass running a 5.X @ 121

This team did an entire engine swap in about 5 hours including re tuning and diagnosing an injector issue.

Good work, but bummer that they lost an engine already... I hope they have spare parts to rebuild the one with the cracked piston...

Update!

Ran 5.5 1/8 mile @122mph fuel only

This was on the second motor as the first developed a cracked piston on the first pass running a 5.X @ 121

This team did an entire engine swap in about 5 hours including re tuning and diagnosing an injector issue.

That's Awsome! Keep up the great work. I heard they cracked the block. Well, Jared Guynes FB said so.. Do you know this guy?

dumb question: is the diesel over in Thailand the same as the diesel we have over here? Octane, cetane rating, etc? Did they bring their own when they shipped the truck?

hate to hear they lost their first motor...

dumb question: is the diesel over in Thailand the same as the diesel we have over here? Octane, cetane rating, etc? Did they bring their own when they shipped the truck?

I think that's a good question, Quality might not be the same.

They probably have the good ole 500 ppm. High sulfur stuff.. I wish I did.
I'd also like to think they are mixing thier own and had to adjust for the difference.

Last edited:
Saw the truck run today, team is very professional, and the truck went straight down the track every time. Did all the licensing runs, and the last pass was 8.82 at 149mph. I think tomorrow they might spray it :)

That's Awsome! Keep up the great work. I heard they cracked the block. Well, Jared Guynes FB said so.. Do you know this guy?

Block is fine, we were able to borrow a boroscope from the Bully Dog team and check the piston, that is fine too however there was oil in the cylinder. T

the diesel is very different and apparently it is a a big deal for this motor. Our diesel is 48 centane where their diesel is 65, ours is relatively clear out of the pump and theirs looks like coke a cola!!!

We have compensated with additive and adjusted tuning,

The idea is that the lower centane fuel in the first motor combusted too early and caused the engine damage.

Saw the truck run today, team is very professional, and the truck went straight down the track every time. Did all the licensing runs, and the last pass was 8.82 at 149mph. I think tomorrow they might spray it :)

Looking forward to tomorrow!

The team has completed their licensing requirements and will make AT LEAST one guaranteed full throttle 100% everything pass after the first round of eliminations tomorrow.

I say at least one because of the weather and issues with the car afterwards.

If everything survives this all out pass then we will try for additional passes and possibly some heads up racing.

We are already planning for next year!!!!!

Come by and see us!

BTW there is now a Comp D sticker on the truck thanks to TravisG

Back