Box stock BW 66/73.91 T4. Any good or bad feedback?

Chris Mallett

12ver Swap Idiot
I have a T4 3rd gen and a box stock hanging on it that we are going to put on a friends 08 6.7. It has the basic mods, deletes, mini maxx, Airdog 165, intake horn, 5" exhaust. Will this be the same turd that it was on my 5.9 or will the added displacement make that much difference?

Search. Been covered several times in this section. Do yourself a favor and a get a STEED SPEED.

And it'll actually be on the small side for chargers on a 6.7.

Meh. I did search, but the function hates me. I saw very few with the box charger, and this one already has the ATS bigfoot.

If it's just a street truck that charger will work well. If you tow a lot with the the truck it'll be laggy in the higher gears. You might need a little more fuel to throw at it though. Just a set of nozzles will help quite a bit.

Thanks guys, this is what I wanted to see. Stock nozzles for now, street truck towing under 10k every now and again. Just wanting to let it exhale better, he don't want to exceed 575/600 as final product. He knows trans is next.

Thanks guys, this is what I wanted to see. Stock nozzles for now, street truck towing under 10k every now and again. Just wanting to let it exhale better, he don't want to exceed 575/600 as final product. He knows trans is next.

I had this charger on my mega cab with completely stock fueling towing heavy from time to time... Not a problem at all...

Good turbo for what he wants to do, especially if buget is an issue......

463003_10151016073790850_500886521_o.jpg

A VP44 equipped truck had one and was towing that mess just fine.

I will leave my .02 on this turbo swap, it may be the best bang for the buck on these trucks. Spools great, low temps even on higher tunes, and the trans is hating life. I say we made a great choice. I saw 45 psi when I was running it, but the owner stated during a harder run that he was showing 51psi and 1360*. Nothing but a slight haze when being pushed hard. Thanks for the input guys.

They are good Chris! Done about a half dozen myself. I will doing a box stOck s472 in the upcoming weeks so there will be a right up on it.

I will leave my .02 on this turbo swap, it may be the best bang for the buck on these trucks. Spools great, low temps even on higher tunes, and the trans is hating life. I say we made a great choice. I saw 45 psi when I was running it, but the owner stated during a harder run that he was showing 51psi and 1360*. Nothing but a slight haze when being pushed hard. Thanks for the input guys.

Chris, how fast was it coming on boost for you? I will be running the old XRT with a G56. Other than that our mods are similiar between mine and your buddys truck. My swap got pushed back do to going to pick up a trailer this weekend.

Knew youd like it

Back