Looking at a Detroit Diesel 3-53

There are a couple of old olivers that run that engine around here... They pull with them too. There's also a guy that runs a 4-53 in the open class that really puts on a show :rockwoot:

Oh and from what I understand you can only put an exhaust brake on detriots... No Jake brake :bang

We have a "new" haul truck that has a 6-71 and an eaton 13 speed... I've been trying to convince dad to let me straight pipe it with the set of dual 5" stacks I have laying around. He says he won't ever drive it if I do, even to move it around in the yard... Like that bothers me :evil: (I'm the one that does all the trucking anyway)

There are a couple of old olivers that run that engine around here... They pull with them too. There's also a guy that runs a 4-53 in the open class that really puts on a show :rockwoot:

Oh and from what I understand you can only put an exhaust brake on detriots... No Jake brake :bang

We have a "new" haul truck that has a 6-71 and an eaton 13 speed... I've been trying to convince dad to let me straight pipe it with the set of dual 5" stacks I have laying around. He says he won't ever drive it if I do, even to move it around in the yard... Like that bothers me :evil: (I'm the one that does all the trucking anyway)

I know of a few 6v92T's ans 671T's that have true JAKES

Well I personally know that my friend installed a factory Jake Brake kit on his 4-53T. He had to locate another valve cover and splice the 2 together to make it taller, so the kit could be installed........

We had a guy dump trucking for us several years back with a 6-71 and straignt pipe. You could hear him at the dump 2 miles away when he hammered it to dump. Cops made me shut down till he put a muffler on it.
They sound like a powerhouse till you put a load behind them.
What tranny ya gona run?

yeas you can run a real jake on it.. I have a several 6v53s and I have a jake set for one. You need a 53 series jake...as the 71s and 92s shared jake components..the 53 are separate.... if you need aluminum stuff talk to Doug Doring @ www.teamdiesel.com.. in Cheshire CT.. he's the man.
Later,
Deo

the jake set up on the 453 is made from 653 and i will make one for the353 watch and learn grasshoppers hehehe :charger:

Back