Nitrous on a 12valve

I just picked the NOS up for next to nothing so I figured I would mess around with it. I'm not looking for a huge hp jump with it just something to play around with. I will post results after the sled pull on the 13th and I am dynoing it on the 20th also. If I get addicted to the spray I will upgrade parts or buy a better kit. Thanks for all the help!

Don't pay any attention to Tormentor.... His ratio if useful information/being a pain is around 10%/90%......

I would advise to be careful using NOS when pulling... Alot more chance of blowing stuff up than when using it dragging.... I've seen first-hand failures from it. Has alot to do with the fact that in a pull environment, your Engine is under full load the entire time, where as in drags, it seems to not be so much.. (I know the drag guys will crucify me for saying that, but when's the last time you saw a Ford 9" behind a 1000hp cummins on the pull strip?) I guess, I can't really put to words what I'm trying to get across, other than BE CAREFUL! And have fun! :)

No i think you are the one that is Ignorant because this describes you perfectly,

Ignorant

Adjective
1. Having the lack of knowledge, or background/factual information of a particular thing in general. However, the effect in which this person will be proceeding with their "unproven knowledge" imbedded in their mind as if factual information, they, in turn, will plan on using it in the future to make false and incorrect statements based on what they didn't know about the particular thing, or may have heard as a majority of votes for.

But back on topic, i wouldn't use to much NOS while pulling because if you are under a load like while pulling you will be putting a lot of shock load on the driveline and you will just break something.

fwiw heres a video of my brothers truck with a lot of nitrous

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr6qSwSRIhk&feature=related"]Cole Dow 2011 Hollister sled pull - YouTube[/ame]

But back on topic, i wouldn't use to much NOS while pulling because if you are under a load like while pulling you will be putting a lot of shock load on the driveline and you will just break something.

I would tend to think the opposite. My truck is running about .150 worth of flow and 1200psi of bottle pressure, and everyone is telling me i better back that off when i take the truck to the strip.

I also think a hand switch is the way to go for pulling, you can manually let off when the truck starts to bog so you dont stall it with a mouthful of NOS or have a catastrophic backfire.

Here's a -3 vs a -4 line (with a -3 fitting) to illustrate why you need bigger lines....

IMG_7521.jpg

Nitrous is for people that don't know how to make power the right way.

I wish that guy in your avatar would just slap the hell out of you with a wet hand.

Alright, back to the damn topic at hand. Good luck with your spray, Super Duty. Keep us updated on how it does!

Nitrous is just a chemical form of supercharging/turbocharging, there is nothing easy about a well setup nitrous system.

Exactly, its not any different than running a turbocharged engine. So tormentor if you want to make power the right way, do it naturally aspirated and then we will see what you got lmao

Back