Nitrous on a 12valve

super duty04

Looking for some input from the Nitrous gurus. I installed a NOS 250hp shot on my 12valve and needing information on sled pulling with it. My set up is in my signature and the nitrous is set up to come on at 30psi of boost I have it set up with a hobbs switch so I can adjust it if needed. My main concern is I am running 26 degrees of timing is this too much timing or is it ok? I am new to the nitrous game any help would be great.

Set your waste gate if you have one pretty low and see how much boost you gain when the nitrous is activated. Then adjust the boost up keeping in mind how much total boost your aiming for and how much boost the nitrous adds. That's how I safely found the happy medium with my setup. I'm running stock bolts and gasket with 26* timing. No blown gasket to be found!

What jets are you running? I'm about 27 deg on spray....seems to work ok for me, I know others run less.

I am not running a waste gate now. Was planning on a new manifold and wastegate this winter. As far as jets go the biggest jet I have is a .072 down to a .046. Should I not run any nitrous until I have a wastegate setup? Thanks for the help.

I would run the .072, not that big of a shot really. Mine is drilled out to a .0130 and the solenoid is my restriction now, how big the solenoid is will determine how far you can go with pills until they aren't the restriction anymore.

I am running just a 250hp selinoid. The .072 jet is supposed to be a 250hp jet per Summitt Racing web site not real sure if that is true with a diesel application. Is the .072 safe to run with out a waste gate? Or could I go with a bigger jet possibly? Is the 30psi activation ok or should I adjust it to come on earlier/later?

By 30psi you are fine to spray a .072 jet, nitrous horsepower figures really don't mean much for us. I would give it a shot without a gate, and just keep a close eye on your boost and drive when it hits. Have it on a WOT that will only come on after the hobs hits 30psi, that way as soon as you peddle it, it will drop off the spray.

I would assume it's the same by you and I could be wrong but at least around here it's illegal to run any injectables unless it's a 3.0 truck and then all thats allowed is water/meth. Just something to keep in mind

Please post your results after your nitrous run. I have a buddys truck we've been curious about running a little nitrous on it. Similar setup as yours.

I would run the .072, not that big of a shot really. Mine is drilled out to a .0130 and the solenoid is my restriction now, how big the solenoid is will determine how far you can go with pills until they aren't the restriction anymore.

You probably know this but if you are using -3 line then that will also be a restriction at that size. Also the nozzle will be a restriction at that jet size depending on brand.

You probably know this but if you are using -3 line then that will also be a restriction at that size. Also the nozzle will be a restriction at that jet size depending on brand.

Yeah, I got this nitrous kit on the cheap so I didn't really have a say in what size I got. Real fun little shot though! I'm dying to run it with some real fueling!

Back