Charger recommendation

Blackfin

New to the site and looking for a recommendation for a new turbo.

My truck is a 03 Dually 6speed valairDD, 100hp injectors, fass 165, bag of parts kit for the cp3, s&b CAI, smarty so6, 4” turbo back,

I’m obviously needing studs plan on getting the charger and studs for install at the same time.

I’m looking to build a solid 600-650hp truck only thing I tow is a 20’ bay boat.

Go with an add a turbo compound setup with your stock turbo as a secondary. Would be my choice, compounds are great.

Hello and welcome. Take Jason's advice on adding the second charger (S475). You can do that for not much more money than a replacement for the Holset. As a matter of fact, if you stick with the factory head bolts, you can put your stud money towards the additional turbo.
Just pull the rockers, and tighten them up. I ran an 03 Dodge over 200,000 miles on factory bolts, all while playing musical chargers. 63mm 64mn 66mm back to a 63mm nongated. I was never completely satisfied with any single turbo setup.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. Take Jason's advice on adding the second charger (S475). You can do that for not much more money than a replacement for the Holset. As a matter of fact, if you stick with the factory head bolts, you can put your stud money towards the additional turbo.
Just pull the rockers, and tighten them up. I ran an 03 Dodge over 200,000 miles on factory bolts, all while playing musical chargers. 63mm 64mn 66mm back to a 63mm nongated. I was never completely satisfied with any single turbo setup.

Truck has 317,000 on it I’m a little apprehensive about not running studs but willing to give it a shot.

What does tightening the rockers do for you?

Ah gotcha now. I wish I would have considered this a few months back when I put my injectors in.

It is not a difficult task once you set your mind and get in there.

Also, don’t reinvent the wheel with your turbo selection. Copy-write what others in the industry have already done and has proven to work well on these trucks.

PDD has great YouTube videos covering this exact topic.

It is not a difficult task once you set your mind and get in there.

Also, don’t reinvent the wheel with your turbo selection. Copy-write what others in the industry have already done and has proven to work well on these trucks.

PDD has great YouTube videos covering this exact topic.

Yeah it’s not difficult to do the bolts/studs I just literally dropped injectors in like 5000 miles ago.

I’m torn between a simple single set up or twins but twins are significantly more money. Who makes a good add a twin kit and what turbo for the big charger?

Back